+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Brunswick 2020

Good luck! Hopefully they'll get you in and get rid of the cancer soon. It does suck to miss the season, but it may not be that great anyway. It's sure a slow start this year, we haven't started collecting yet, maybe today!
    Murray

Somewhere around 800 - 900 taps on Atlas Copco vacuum
    1 Sap Ladder & 1 can
    2 1/2 x 10 Waterloo/Small, with Piggyback & hood,
    Air over & under fire
    CDL autodrawoff, Homemade drawoff/filter tank with pump,
    Lapierre Sirofilter, modified steam pan bottler

....Surgery cancelled...DARN YOU COVID-19! No timeline for rebooking, could be Monday or 5 months from now.

I'll stop posting about this.....its taking away from the important sap talk!

Rob
    2014 - 6 buckets, 4 coffee cans and a propane burner - almost 40L of sap and 1.6L of syrup
    2015 - 103 taps on gravity. Homemade oil tank arch and a Smoky Lake 2' X 5' hybrid. - 2.66 gallons of syrup
    2016 - 101 taps, 550 gallons of sap, ~10 gallons of syrup all dark.
    2017 - 138 taps, 225 gallons of sap, 5.55 gallons of dark syrup, still procrastinating on the vac.
    2018 - ~150 taps, I lost track of the sap it was incredible!, over 20 gal of syrup, all dark.

That is too bad Marvel. I hope they get you seen to sooner than later. Best of luck when you get your surgery.

My season has been slow. Just collected yesterday, first time since last Saturday morning, which was actually from Friday, but I didn't collect in the rain. Hoping for enough today for another boil Saturday. We'll see.

IMG_1553.jpg

First boil of the season today. I got laid off so lots of time on my hands to spend in the sugar shack. Boiled about 120 litres of sap and ended with 2 litres of some really light, really sweet syrup. Hopefully the trees start running good for everyone over the next couple days
    Maple syrup enthusiast

Looks good erob. It ran good here today. Can't boil til Saturday though. Hope you get lots to keep you busy☺️

Boiled down about 140 litres of sap today. Trees have been running good the last couple days. Anyone else having any success this season ?
    Maple syrup enthusiast

Finally ran good Wednesday, really the first day we got any amount of sap. Fired up the evaporator, hooked up the new auto drawoff we bought from CDL. Still getting used to that. Didn't run that great yesterday, decided not to boil past supper time. Should run some today, even though it a bit crappy out, vacuum should help us. We want to bottle tonight, so it's nicer to have the shack warmed up from firing the evaporator.
    Murray

1 Sap Ladder & 1 can
    Air over & under fire

I took the day off yesterday and boiled 200 litres, collected another 78 when I was done for the next boil, hopefully tomorrow. Didn't even hit -1 this morning though, I find it doesn't do as well as when it goes to -5 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by murferd View Post
    Finally ran good Wednesday, really the first day we got any amount of sap. Fired up the evaporator, hooked up the new auto drawoff we bought from CDL. Still getting used to that. Didn't run that great yesterday, decided not to boil past supper time. Should run some today, even though it a bit crappy out, vacuum should help us. We want to bottle tonight, so it's nicer to have the shack warmed up from firing the evaporator.
    Having any luck with more sap Murferd? I think my season will be done today or tomorrow. I will find out when I collect tonight. I hope things are just getting going for you.

It''s been good, the trees seem to be just "waking up".We had a couple of cloudy & cooler days after the weekend & got still good runs. The boys boiled all day & just kept up with what was coming in. We're up to 40 imp gal so far, lots of snow in woods yet, & forecast looks ok, should be alright for a couple more weeks at least.
    Murray

1 Sap Ladder & 1 can
    Air over & under fire

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast