+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Brunswick 2020

Default New Brunswick 2020

Well, the weather here is making me second guess my plan every other day.....great temp fluctuations for a couple days which makes me think "uh oh....its starting early!!" and then BAM! -25C for a few. lol.

Fingers crossed for a great year! Good luck all!
    2014 - 6 buckets, 4 coffee cans and a propane burner - almost 40L of sap and 1.6L of syrup
    2015 - 103 taps on gravity. Homemade oil tank arch and a Smoky Lake 2' X 5' hybrid. - 2.66 gallons of syrup
    2016 - 101 taps, 550 gallons of sap, ~10 gallons of syrup all dark.
    2017 - 138 taps, 225 gallons of sap, 5.55 gallons of dark syrup, still procrastinating on the vac.
    2018 - ~150 taps, I lost track of the sap it was incredible!, over 20 gal of syrup, all dark.

I tapped Feb 16 and they were dripping, didn't collect a huge amount but temps are looking good for about 6 days starting tomorrow so I'm hoping for a good run. Hope everyone has a good season.

I was planning on putting my taps in next weekend but the long range forecast is not looking too promising for the beginning of March. Hopefully it’ll change for the better. Good luck y’all.
    Maple syrup enthusiast

So far not much sap. Had some nice days and barely anything and not getting cold enough at night doesn't help. The extended forecast doesn't look good. I hope it doesn't just jump right into spring without cold nights. Erob, did you tap?

I’m thinking of tapping my trees this week but the long range forecast here in Fredericton isn’t looking to promising for a good run. Could be like last year. Short and sweet.
    Maple syrup enthusiast

We're starting in the woods today. Hopefully it won't rain too much Wednesday. We should have most repairs & taps in by Saturday.
    Murray

Somewhere around 800 - 900 taps on Atlas Copco vacuum
    1 Sap Ladder & 1 can
    2 1/2 x 10 Waterloo/Small, with Piggyback & hood,
    Air over & under fire
    CDL autodrawoff, Homemade drawoff/filter tank with pump,
    Lapierre Sirofilter, modified steam pan bottler

Supposed to get up to 10 degrees tomorrow, that's kinda too warm, I hope what little sap I get doesn't spoil. It's not looking too bad for temps but a couple nights won't be cold enough. Hope the weather cooperates for everyone to get tapped.

How'd everyone make out today? I had a good run today. Won't get cold enough tonight but hopefully after that it will work out.

Hi, i'm also in Fredericton (Hanwell), my neighbor and I tapped 2 weeks ago (100 taps), we have a mix of 40 buckets and 60 on vacuum. So far nothing in buckets and about 40 gallons of sap from vacuum. Any get anything from buckets yet?

Quote Originally Posted by sbishop View Post
    Hi, i'm also in Fredericton (Hanwell), my neighbor and I tapped 2 weeks ago (100 taps), we have a mix of 40 buckets and 60 on vacuum. So far nothing in buckets and about 40 gallons of sap from vacuum. Any get anything from buckets yet?
    I only have buckets, 64. In total I've got about 40 gallons but 31 of those gallons were yesterday and today. Only 9.5 today. Tomorrow and Friday's temps look promising here in Charlotte County.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast