Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oil Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by wiam View Post
    Lot of info here. https://www.leaderevaporator.com/pdf...d-oil-arch.pdf I would call these starting points. I have a Carlin 701 on my 3x12. 2-5.5 gph hollow 80° nozzles running 125 psi. In my mind an oil pressure gauge is very important. I also only run Hago brand nozzles.
    How Far below the syrup pan is the center of your burner?

Quote Originally Posted by Chasefamily View Post
    How Far below the syrup pan is the center of your burner?
    Bottom of pan to center of burner is 16”. But I’m not sure where I came up with that number. I had to adjust my burner to be pointed up slightly at the pan and tried a bunch of different nozzles/pressures to get the front pan to boil like I wanted it to. At first front 12” of pan wouldn’t boil good. I built my arch from scratch. If I had it to do over it would be reverse fired. I may change it.
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

I have chose to center my burner in the conversion plate im building so i believe that puts it at 10.25" or so from center of burner to bottom of pan. Looks as if my burner has fixed depth so i wont be able to adjust how far it sticks in without spacing it. To start im going to just mount flush to plate and straight in.

Quote Originally Posted by wiam View Post
    Looks like 702 has one nozzle and pressure is increased for hi fire. 701 has 2 nozzles. And runs one on low fire and two on high fire with no pressure increase.
    Low fire says 100-200psi then high fire is 200-300 psi

The top of the burner tube is 14 inches down from the top of the arch on mine, I am shooting 5 gph 80 deg nozzle low fire and 7 gph 80 deg on high fire on a 4x12. The pump pressure is about 145 psi and using about 15 gallons an hour. the stack temp is about 600 to 625 deg f depending on the barometric pressure. this is a Carlin 701. The 702 should work for you, the pump I believe is set to 100 psi on low fire and 300 psi on high fire with one nozzle so then once you find the right nozzle for your evaporator then set the air shutter to clean up the flame you should be in good shape. You might need to nozzle up or down to find the right boil for you.
    Blaisdell's Maple Farm
    started on a 2x2 pan in 2000 and now
    custom built oil fired 4x12 arch by me
    Thor pans Desinged by Thad Blaisdell
    4600 taps on a drop flue 8-4 split

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    The top of the burner tube is 14 inches down from the top of the arch on mine, I am shooting 5 gph 80 deg nozzle low fire and 7 gph 80 deg on high fire on a 4x12. The pump pressure is about 145 psi and using about 15 gallons an hour. the stack temp is about 600 to 625 deg f depending on the barometric pressure. this is a Carlin 701. The 702 should work for you, the pump I believe is set to 100 psi on low fire and 300 psi on high fire with one nozzle so then once you find the right nozzle for your evaporator then set the air shutter to clean up the flame you should be in good shape. You might need to nozzle up or down to find the right boil for you.
    I just opened up my first burner and it has a 5.00 45°B. I was thinking I wanted like a 6.00 60 deg. Suppose I'll have to try out a few and see what works best.

b is solid spray pattern and a is hollow spray pattern. I would want a 80 deg hollow.
    Blaisdell's Maple Farm

https://carlincombustion.com/wp-cont...ual-110519.pdf

I would start out with a 4.50 hollow 80 deg.
    Blaisdell's Maple Farm

DC4BF447-4927-4F3A-9817-056DE457B808.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasefamily View Post
    I have chose to center my burner in the conversion plate im building so i believe that puts it at 10.25" or so from center of burner to bottom of pan. Looks as if my burner has fixed depth so i wont be able to adjust how far it sticks in without spacing it. To start im going to just mount flush to plate and straight in.
    I suggest an inspection hole so you can see the flame pattern. Mine is a 3” hole centered above the burner with a steel plate with one bolt. Bolt is loose enough so plate can swing out of the way.
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

Is this a burner where I may be able to only run it on low fire and don't need high fire?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast