+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2020 season

Good day! All 29 taps running, some are slow but majority doing pretty well. Got nearly 20 gallons sap yesterday and today so started boiling this afternoon. Hoping for another good day tomorrow before the 5 day chill sets in.
    2020 1st season- 8 gallons of syrup
    2021 2nd season- 11 gallons of syrup
    2022 3rd season 6 gallons of syrup
    2023 4th season- 7 gallons of syrup

I’ll start with a ‘test’ tap tomorrow. If it drips I’ll keep going. First weekend in March is about average for this operation.
    JC

44° 55' 23" N

2x6 smoky lake divided pan custom arch ‘The fire truck’

I have my totes cleaned out, i have to clean out my barrels for the concentrate, i do plan on tapping this weekend. I am in the southern metro are.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

We will tap tomorrow. Looking good!
    John
    2x8 Smokylake drop flue with AOF/ AUF
    180 taps on sacks
    75 on 3/16 tubing with shurflo
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota

I'm planning on start tapping tomorrow as well, have about 2,000 taps to go through plus some other miscellaneous stuff to go through and get ready before the trees start running. NE corner of Ottertail County.

Hey Good Neighbors! First post here, although I've enjoyed this site for some time, I never took the time to register until a few days ago.
    I've tapped maples for many years and it has always been fun (and lotsa work).

The last few years I have focused my efforts on black walnut which is also a really good time as well as an opportunity to learn the nuances
    of collecting and processing this fine treasure. The flow from black walnut is less than maple but the season is the same and the sugar
    content is similar.

I tapped a couple test trees about a week ago and got a few drips but not enough to warrant proceeding. Today I am tapping 13 more as the
    weather is forecast to be ideal for the next 10 days out. I'll keep ya posted. Best of all to everyone, Jeeves

I tapped 10 black walnuts today and was excited to see sap dripping immediately from all taps. The sap flow from black walnuts is significantly less than from maples but the syrup is delicious! I only have one very large maple on my 20 acre property and am considering taping that as well, although it is a bit of a hike to the tree. Does any one have an idea about how much sap I would get in a day? It is at least 30" in diameter... huge!

I tapped 50 trees this morning and had about12 trees running today. They weren’t dripping hard maybe a couple gallons between them all. This upcoming week especially the last part of it looks good! This was near Milaca

I put taps out on Saturday, 2/29 and on Sunday I put the rest of my bags up, total of 98, and I collected 25 gallons of sap from Saturday's tapping.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I put a few (25 )taps out Sunday. All but 1 were dripping even deep in the woods they were running. Looks like it will start the end of the week. One of the earliest we have tapped. Got 75 more taps to go. On the south end of Mille Lacs Lake.
    Family taped for many years
    started again 2009 after 25 year break with 40 taps
    2011 60 taps
    2016 90 taps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast