+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 season

Default 2020 season

Just checking when you guys are all thinking about starting to tap? Seeing in the end of the extended forcast temps are starting to climb into the 30s. I'm located west-central part of the state, NE corner of ottertail to be exsact.

Preliminary date for me is going to be Feb 22nd. One week ahead of normal starting times. Temps look good, but have an opening between running kids that looks even better!

SDdave
    It's not the size of the tree...it's what inside that counts!

I will wait until we get closer to this warm-up that is coming to see how long it is going to last. If it looks only to be a few days and have a cold snap after it (current forecast) I will wait. The fun thing is hopefully it is getting close!

I put in 11 taps today! I am planning to do a dozen tomorrow.

There's a new greenhorn on the block! My 2 acres with 30 some mature virgin maples are in for a reckoning. Saturday is my kickoff day. I have 15 taps and buckets in hand, cheese cloth, and a new a 75000 btu burner waiting in the wings. Hoping for the best with my first time creating the sweet nectar. I'm giddy!

2nd year in gravity. Checked hoses on snowshoes today. It is a bear breaking trail, snow is deep and hills are taller this year. I am going to wait to put taps in even though its suppose to get up to 40 for a few days.

11 in today, 5 produced sap.

16 taps in today. 10 dripping others all had wet wood. I was little surprised by the sap dripping already. Another 140 going in tomorrow with about 1/2 on gravity.

15 tapped yesterday all but one dripping. Decided to put in another 15 this morning.

I'm located in East Central Minnesota Princeton area 37 TAPS in today only three of them were not ripping the rest ran well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast