Hi guys, in the middle of boiling as we speak and thought I would throw a question out there. Yesterday I fired up for a little bit in hopes to get caught up in anticipation for the big run the next couple of days. In doing so I noticed the partition closest to the flu pan which is where I draw off and the flame is hottest had some weird foam going on. So after a while and hitting it with defoamer to no success I decided to shut down and take a look. Niter had built up and stuck to the bottom of that portion of the syrup pan I proceeded to drain it scrub it clean and turn the pan for todays run. Fired up today and everything looked great. Now about three hours into boiling, it is creating the same foam and I can feel with my ladle the same issue beginning to happen in the syrup pan. The other two bays do not have this problem going on, this has not happened all year and I have not changed anything. I know the sugar sand has increased exponentially and wondering if excessive amounts of this is causing it. Thoughts?

2x8, 5 drop flue 3 syrup, oil fired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk