+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plumbing third post

Hybrid View

Just to be clear the post is stainless steel https://www.wateranywhere.com/4-x-40...3-4-1-2-ports/ and I am using brand new membranes from MES.
    Scott Knapp
    5x14 Pellet Evaporator
    3200 Taps 2021
    1700 Taps 2019
    3/16 Gravity 1000 Taps
    5/16 Vacuum 2200 Taps
    Northern NY (Canadian border north)
    sknapp6978@gmail.com
    https://www.facebook.com/Knapps-Sapp...0168377726255/

Thank you Dave. I’ll give it a try.
    Jerry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Scott. We are using the same membranes and housings. Feed goes into the outside fitting and permeate comes out the center fitting. If you are plumbing in series the concentrate from the existing membrane(outer fitting) should be plumbed into the outer ( feed) fitting of the new membrane. If plumbing parallel then you need to T into your existing feed lines and plumb that into the outer feed fitting of the new membrane. The membrane can only be fed from one direction but I believe it does not matter which end you discharge the concentrate from. Just plug the opposite end. Give me a call if I can be any assistance.

Joe

Corrected based on Maple Flats comments.
    Last edited by MT Pockets Producer; 02-12-2020 at 09:09 AM.
    12 x 16 shack with 8 x 16 addition
    2 x 6 D&G raised flue with hood
    Homebuilt releasers
    220 taps on vac
    100 plus taps on buckets
    Gast 1550 on gas engine
    HF vac pump on generator

Wrong, the inside (center) fitting is only for permeate unless something radical has changed. It just makes absolutely no sense for the center to be concentrate. The concentrate is the portion that never goes thru the membrane because it has molecules too large to pass (unless the membrane is passing some sugar, which is not good). The idea of an RO is to remove water from the sap, thus the sap enters membrane #1 on the outer port, and #2, #2 and any others, it still stays on the outer ports, the water that does pass thru the membrane (permeate) is always going to exit the center port on all membranes built as a cylinder, if some industries have a different design, it is not the maple industry.
    MT, look closer to your connections and reason it out. For the feed to go in the outer and exit the center how does it ever remove any water?
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Regardless of how many membranes are in series, the center ports will do best if the center ports are teed togeather for a greater pressure differential across the membranes. Sometimes membranes are plumbed in parallel too, but the concentrate still enters the outer fitting, that can be if one has 3 or more membranes, #1 and 2 plumbed in parallel, then a third in series with the parallel pair. Larger RO's may have several parallel sets, each going to one or some in series. However on any configuration the sap or infeed is in the outer fitting and the concentrate bout the outer because the sugars could or should not pass thru the membrane.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Thanks for correcting me Maple Flats. Misspoke there I guess. I modified my post so should be correct now.
    12 x 16 shack with 8 x 16 addition
    2 x 6 D&G raised flue with hood
    Homebuilt releasers
    220 taps on vac
    100 plus taps on buckets
    Gast 1550 on gas engine
    HF vac pump on generator

I’m trying to figure out why t-ing the permeate lines together would help. It seems like if you just ran each vessels permeate line into the permeate tank that would be the least amount pressure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12