+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for....

Default Looking for....

Maple sugar (sugar crystal, rock candy) on a stir stick, for coffee and such. I could probably make my own but it would be a slow process and only able to make a few at a time. Is anyone here making them or know where I could purchase some? Thanks, Ted

my wife does what she calls sweet spoons,uses a wooden spoon a wooden,boils syrup to about 250-260 and dips then 3-4 times,letting them cool between dips,we sell a lot of them.usually you can get 2-5 cups out of each spoon,depending on how sweet you want your coffee

That's interesting Sugarman3. I think I'll try it next time I'm making sugar. How do you wrap them and what kind of shelf life do they have? I'd still like to find some of the sugar stick things made with maple but thanks for sharing the idea. Ted

Were you talking about maple sugar in a straw? Like the pixy stixs? Shaw's maple is making them.

No, i was talking about the stir sticks with large sugar crystals on them that you can use to sweeten coffee. I've seen them made from white sugar and from brown sugar but would like to find some made with maple sugar. Thanks for asking, they are hard for me to describe, but the wife likes them so I'm on the hunt. Ted

I've been thinking about this off and on for the last year-and-a-half. I think I could sell a lot of those in some of the shops I have my syrup in. Being that I see someone else's actually interested in these I'm going to have to give it a try. If I can figure out how to make them I'll let you know.
    25 years sugaring
    2018 191taps. Made 80 gallons
    Two taps to a 5 gallon bucket roadside trees.
    A retired dad to hump buckets and do most of the boiling the great wife that let's me spend lots of time and money.
    New Smokey lake 2×6 raised flue SSR on my own version of the silverplate arch.
    2019 new hood and new preheater concept that worked great.
    306 taps roadside trees

Cello phane bags and ties to close,had some last for 2 months

Thanks Sugarman3!
    Woody77: I've been thinking of a rack of test tube type containers filled with a heavy sugar solution and a stick. I do think they'd sell well. I'm going to keep mulling it over but if you make a move on it let me know! Thanks, tex

+ Reply to Thread