+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vacuum pump and shurflow...

Default Vacuum pump and shurflow...

I've been searching on here, but I can't see to find the right search terms to find the answer... I'm sure this has been asked before...

I am wondering if I can take a piece of 6" PVC, run my mainline into it..., attach a vacuum pump to the top, a shurflow to the bottom...

will it work? seems to be basically what the extractors do, right? I am curious as to whether the vacuum pump will overpower the shurflow and prevent it from emptying the cylinder.

It's something I plan to play with this year and try out cause I'm way to cheap to buy an extractor or releaser for my little hobby...
    2019 290 taps on 3/16"
    2018 20 taps on milk jugs
    2017 10 taps on milk jugs

It might work but most likely it will overwhelm the ball diaphragm in the shurflo. Try it and get back to us!
    Remember to keep on ticking while the sap is dripping.
    2016- 50 buckets. Made 4 gallons.
    2022- 3900? taps + Smartrek! Made 1300 gallons.

I doubt the Shurflo will over come the vacuum. That may depend on the vacuum level. The numbers I hear for Shurflo pumps is between 20-24" depending on several factors. It seems your vacuum would need to be less than that to work.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread