+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sugar house lighting

Default Sugar house lighting

Building my new sugar house . Can’t decide what to do for lighting inside . What’s everyone using for lighting ?

We went with LED lighting. Bright lights and no need to worry about glass bulbs.
    CDL 2.5*8 Venturi with all the bells
    Leader Clear 5 bank filter press
    Memprotec 350H RO
    600ish taps and looking for more.

I did led as well. I got 6 ft long LEDs from home Depot for $30 a piece. 6 of them I'm my 24x12 sugar House lights it up like a surgery room. Moisture resistant and low energy consumption. Can't beat it.
    Jake
    smoky lake 2x6 drop flue SSR on homemade arch
    235 taps on 2 gast 1550s and lappiere releasers
    24x12 sugar house
    2019 Kubota L2501 work horse

Mine are older, I went with "energy efficient Florescent" at 64 watts/2 bulbs, I have 6(x64watts) units When I update, it will be LED, far more efficient. LED can do it at a small fraction of that and they won't need to warm up to get to full bright.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I went with FlexLED, they are three panel led panels that screw into a standard light socket. One 100w will easily light up a HUGE amount of area. They are awesome
    Kevin

Ordered LED from Amazon. They are a replica of the 4 foot shop light, dual bulb. They are cheap, link together using a standard 110v plug, and draw pretty much nothing for power. That is what sold me since I will be running the sugarhouse on a suitcase generator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mead Maple "It's for the kids..."
    Paul Cerminara
    2019 - First season ever
    -Goal: 3 gallons
    -Season Total: 7.5 gallons - pulled taps after running out of firewood and time
    Built 2'x8' Oil Fired with Thor drop flue pans
    -Goal: 20 gallons
    -Season Total: 55 gallons

I have 4 of these in my 16x24 shack, mounted 10 ft from floors. I feel like it is very well lit and they use very little energy. I wanted at least 4 lights so there could be two rows of lights, I hate lights mounted just in the center of a room. Not only do the corners not get lit, but you are always trying to work in your own shadow.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...RoCIvEQAvD_BwE

4 foot honeywell shop light led's from sam's club. 3 power settings, and can link up to 4 of them together. they were less than $25 a piece.
    Jake Moser
    Moser's Maple

2 beautiful little girls
    1 wife that's become her mother

www.facebook.com/mosersmaple

LED for sure
    3500 taps, vacuum.

Thanks guys . Just wasn’t sure what looked the best with the traditional post and beam style.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast