+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 🍁North-Central Wisconsin Tappers🍁

Collected 64 gallons on 31 taps this past weekend. Not going gang busters yet. Heard the southern half of the state had huge runs late this past week, guess mothern natures was making up for lost time for them.

Bryan

Disappointing week this past week. I was off, so I spent the week in Vilas Co, expecting to be cooking non-stop. Had 70 gallons when I got there, cooked about 2 gallons of beautiful liquid gold. Hardly a drip after that. Hopefully this week gets the juices flowing.

Things might finally be loosening up in the Great White North. Collected about 2.5 gallons per tap over the last 6 days. Of course had to pull everything from the woods because we'll have 48 hours below freezing. Just a temporary set back.

My dad collected 108+ gallons saturday for the week, and another 71 on sunday evening. Things are finally really moving. Sugar content was between 2.5 and 3.2%. Looks like it might slow up based on temps for a few days and then one week left to the season.

Bryan

Well, my season is over, hate to say. Was up this past weekend, collected about 160 gallons Thursday nite, not a drop for the rest of the weekend. Too cold. I'm betting it'll still go for a couple weeks, but I won't have time to make the drive up, so I pulled my gear. Cooked 4+ gallons Friday-Saturday, beautiful color, excellent flavor. Wish I could be going back this weekend, but I guess it's time to gear up for morel season.

Happy cooking everyone! I finished the year with only about 10.5 gallons. pretty low, even for us.

Well all done for the year. Collected and boiled 119 gallons of sap this past weekend. Now on to finishing and bottling it all. Think once we have it all bottled we will be in the 12+- gallon range on the 31 taps. Record year for us.

Bryan

Well we tapped March 4th as that is when we had the time to tap, thought it would be early to tap looking at the forcast as there was not many days of possible flow for 2 weeks. So we did not check buckets till March 17th as we live 3 hours from our cabin where we tap and was plesently surprised to collect 72 gallons on the 31 taps. Lots of snow on the ground, would go up to your knees when you stepped of the snowmobile trail. Some buckets were full and some only had a few inches in. Here we go weather looking good here on out for the season.

Bryan

7th season Making Syrup

Went sunday to collect and boil, collected 78 gallons on 31 taps for the week, boiled that down and had our first draw of syrup for the year. Collected another 31 gallons tuesday morning before leaving for home that will get boiled this coming weekend.

Bryan

Thanks for posting. (I wish more were doing it.) I need some inspiration to make the 4+ hour trip north and a half mile back in the woods east of Phillips. Snow map says it’s over 20 inches deep so I assume I still have time.

My dad went up friday to collect and only 28 gallons on 31 taps since tuesday. Slow week, he collected another 21 sunday morning. The snow depth does not seem to have much effect on the tree as they have been running. I can tell you the ground is not frozen under the snow so sure that is helping the trees produce sap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast