+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tapping 2020

We put in 72 taps today and will be around 100 after tomorrow. Some of the trees were gushing and others weren"t running at all but it's exciting to be back at it!
    Sunrise 2X4 Hobby
    Smoky Lake Hybrid Pan

100 Taps

40 Taps

We finished up our offsite woods yesterday, 112 taps total. Everything we tapped was running like crazy. Most of that is on east-facing slopes. I'll be glad to get back to our flat property, we'll get in around 175 more there.
    We had 270 gallons at the end of the day yesterday, but that includes sap from 33 we put in on Wednesday.

Except for tonight our forecast is really good through Sunday.
    Doug
    Maple Creations
    Coatesville, IN
    350 taps on 5/16 tubing & 4 Lunchbox pumps
    MemProTec Concentrator 300 RO
    Wood-fired 30"x8' D&G Model 500 raised-flue w/Steam hood & blower
    Smoky Lake finisher, D&G filter press,
    http://www.facebook.com/maplecreations

Collected 10 gallons off of 31 taps this morning. We'll collect the rest after work today. Sap is running nice.
    Sunrise 2X4 Hobby
    Smoky Lake Hybrid Pan

100 Taps

40 Taps

Just shy of 500 gallons of sap processed so far. These warm temps and a full time job mean I will likely be dumping some sap over the next 24 hours or so.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Just shy of 500 gallons of sap processed so far. These warm temps and a full time job mean I will likely be dumping some sap over the next 24 hours or so.
    Hmm, would you be up for dumping sap into my transfer tank? Just getting ready to set 100+ taps here in Bloomington. What few taps I had out last week got almost nothing. Most of the trees I tap are right in town and I’ve found its enough of a heat island that folks in the country will have a run when I’m getting nothing.

Can be reached at 812-325-seven six three seven. Thanks! Mike Bell
    Michael B.

2010- 6 taps & untold hours boiling over stove, gas grill & open fire. Two gallons bottled & family & friends received early Christmas gifts!

2011- 18 taps & a home built arch (old filing cabinet with steam table pans)

2012- 25+ taps and teaching a Parks & Rec course on Maple Syrup (Yikes!)

Tapping trees here in Bloomington and at a family cabin in Butler County, KY.

Finished collecting tonight. We've have a total of 110 gallons on 93 taps since starting Saturday morning.
    Sunrise 2X4 Hobby
    Smoky Lake Hybrid Pan

100 Taps

40 Taps

Approximately 335 gals over the last 12 days off 27 taps.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan Cabin View Post
    Hmm, would you be up for dumping sap into my transfer tank? Just getting ready to set 100+ taps here in Bloomington. What few taps I had out last week got almost nothing. Most of the trees I tap are right in town and I’ve found its enough of a heat island that folks in the country will have a run when I’m getting nothing.

Can be reached at 812-325-seven six three seven. Thanks! Mike Bell
    Sorry Mike, I didn't see this in time. I would've been glad to give you our sap. Will keep you in mind if the situation occurs again.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Sorry Mike, I didn't see this in time. I would've been glad to give you our sap. Will keep you in mind if the situation occurs again.
    I figured it was a long shot! Appreciate the thought. I tap at a historic site here in town, and it’s nice to have a backup sap source. We do syrup workshops and demo boils during the site’s Open Days. Hope we can get a run going this weekend.
    Michael B.

2010- 6 taps & untold hours boiling over stove, gas grill & open fire. Two gallons bottled & family & friends received early Christmas gifts!

2011- 18 taps & a home built arch (old filing cabinet with steam table pans)

2012- 25+ taps and teaching a Parks & Rec course on Maple Syrup (Yikes!)

Tapping trees here in Bloomington and at a family cabin in Butler County, KY.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan Cabin View Post
    I figured it was a long shot! Appreciate the thought. I tap at a historic site here in town, and it’s nice to have a backup sap source. We do syrup workshops and demo boils during the site’s Open Days. Hope we can get a run going this weekend.
    Wouldn't happen to be on 10th street, would it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast