+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fill stop?

Default Fill stop?

Hello,

I am looking to make bottle filling more easier faster and more uniform this year. There was someone on the forum who earlier posted about a homemade version of Leaders Fill-stop. Does anyone know if it is still available? Any other ideas for a low cost semi automatic bottle filler?

Thanks

The Maple Guys offer one. It uses their foot controlled original valve with a laser light controlling the off function. I only have their foot controlled original version. That leaves 2 hands free for capping , moving bottles or jugs etc.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Do the maple guys still? Maybe it’s my phone not loading the whole page, but it looks like they have cut back on equipment quite a bit.
    Jared

Here's their new website
    https://mapleguys.wordpress.com/
    Looks like they've scaled back.

Yes, I have seen that hands free filler online before but can’t find it now. I though that the sensofill bottling valve was picked up by one of the big Maple equipment suppliers but don’t see that on the web anywhere. Anyone build their own version of Leader’s fillstop, that cares to share how it is done?

Velvet Hollow Sugarworks
    Greenwood, Maine
    900 taps
    CDL 2X6, leader RO

All I can say is that the new website states that they scaled back and no longer carry equipment made by others. Chris designed and had the sensifil (?) built himself. Submit the form on his site, he will answer it.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Thanks all, I really appreciate the information here on this forum. I sent Chris a message to find out if the sensafill is still available and thanks for the link to the fill-stop, I may buy that one from Leader if I can't figure out how to make one myself.

We have the one from Leader and love it.
    3,100 taps
    60 cfm flood
    HC2
    5 by 14 oil

Brian

With the leader fill valve is it an issue dragging the probe wire with syrup on it over the rim of the jug? Worries me about sealing issues. Thanks.
    Andy's Own Maple
    Andy Kinter (4th + generation maple producer)
    Approx 790 taps on vacuum

3x10 nat. gas fired raised flue small bros.
    600 gph Lapierre RO
    Fine collection of used bulk tanks
    Kubota MX5100 sap hauler
    2 hives (that I don't spend enough time on)
    A great family that works together to make syrup!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Andys...27718203945398
    http://photobucket.com/mapleack

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast