+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cinder block stack

Default Cinder block stack

Wondering if a register pan duct fitting would work on the back of a cinder block setup to make a stack. I ony boil a few times a year with a 2x4 pan. Thanks. I tries to get a pic but cant figure it out with my phone
    Attached Images Attached Images

Concept will work fine I think... Not sure how long it will last? Duct-work is pretty thin, and that a very hot spot. Worst-case, you might need to replace it periodically.... but that wont break the bank....
    Do you have anyone near you that makes custom duct-work? Maybe they could form up a heavy one for you?

Thanks ill see if i can get someone. I just dont wanna have to change it in the middle of a boil

I used one with a 5 or 6 foot piece of ductwork last year. It worked fine and will probably last for several years.

You will get 1 to 2 years out of that that duct. Longer if you store it out of the weather during the off season.
    2017 25 taps on buckets got me hooked 1 gallon of sweet
    2018 51 taps on 3/16 tubing/ DIY oil tank evaporator 8.5gallons finished
    2019 60 taps 7 gallons finished ended season short
    2020 New 2x4 divided pan ready to get away from the headache that is steam table pans
    2021 off year due to pandemic and projects
    2022 back at it

If you end up using that fitting, I suggest you buy 2, one to use and a spare. then each time you are going to start a fire tap the old one in several spots to try to determine it's condition.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread