+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modified my NextGen single post 4x40 to a dual unit in series

With the feed pump adding almost 50PSI to the system I did not have a problem running the pump that high.

I spoke with a company that did in home RO designs and setups and they recommended me going with the Goulds over the Procon pump as they didnt believe the Procon would sufficiently pump enough sap over the membranes to prevent fouling. I wish I had gone with the 10GBS model though instead, but I really cant complain too much. A single tote of sap is about the maximum I get on a daily run. If I was getting more sap I would go to the next size pump and add a 3rd membrane.

I believe I paid $650 for the pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Mead Maple View Post
    NH, how much was the Gould lump and what were your reasons for going with that over the Prcon style?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 4x40" RO, Welch 1397 Vac Pump, 3 Guzzler Pumps, Lapierre Releaser, 1100 taps
    2021 Twin Baby Boys, Close to 650 taps
    2020 Upgraded RO to 2 post and 7GBS Pump. 265 taps
    2019 Smoky Lake 2x6 raised flue, Autodraw system, Maple Jet Filter Press, a beautiful new bride to be my sugaring partner :-)
    2017 Expanded Sugar Shack, new 2x6 with float box, NEXTgen Maple RO, 250+ taps, still on sap sacks
    2016 Sugar Shack, 2x6 evaporator, 160 taps, all on Sap Sacks
    2014 110 taps
    2013 35 taps

NH, how much was the Gould lump and what were your reasons for going with that over the Prcon style?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mead Maple "It's for the kids..."
    Paul Cerminara
    2019 - First season ever
    -Goal: 3 gallons
    -Season Total: 7.5 gallons - pulled taps after running out of firewood and time
    Built 2'x8' Oil Fired with Thor drop flue pans
    -Goal: 20 gallons
    -Season Total: 55 gallons

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12