+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being Screwed by a Screw Pump Company

Default Being Screwed by a Screw Pump Company

2017 - Researched and bought a screw pump to run a section of my woods. Before the purchase the communication with company was great. The pump was good for the first season. 2nd season, 2018, I noticed an oil leak. Called company and they said they would come and fix it. Nobody showed. Summer of 2018 I called many times to complain of the oil slick that was on my floor. They said yes, we will be there to fix. Nobody showed up or called. That fall I called many more times but got no response.

2019 season - used the pump but was very nervous about doing so. What if it blew up and seized the motor. Am I responsible? Finally talked to the slippery salesman to be told that the manufacturer needed to come in and make the simple repair. He gave me a date of December 5, 2019 when to expect the serviceman. The date passed, no one showed up and no one called. Now I tend to keep a cool head but this has me pissed. We are coming in to the 2020 season and I'm not confident that the pump is reliable. These types of pumps are big dollars. I've expanded over the past few years. I would have liked to use this company but cannot trust them. I have put my faith and wallet behind the company that has 3 letters to it's name.

Thanks for letting me vent. Still leaking!!!

I wouldnt be shy about calling their name out here. You might be surprised that someone on this forum knows someone there personally and can try and get you answers.

Good luck, I hope it works out.
    2022 4x40" RO, Welch 1397 Vac Pump, 3 Guzzler Pumps, Lapierre Releaser, 1100 taps
    2021 Twin Baby Boys, Close to 650 taps
    2020 Upgraded RO to 2 post and 7GBS Pump. 265 taps
    2019 Smoky Lake 2x6 raised flue, Autodraw system, Maple Jet Filter Press, a beautiful new bride to be my sugaring partner :-)
    2017 Expanded Sugar Shack, new 2x6 with float box, NEXTgen Maple RO, 250+ taps, still on sap sacks
    2016 Sugar Shack, 2x6 evaporator, 160 taps, all on Sap Sacks
    2014 110 taps
    2013 35 taps

I feel for you. I to did business with a company who has 3 letters for their name. Bought a high prussure vessel. After a couple of seasons it started to leak out thru the electric box which controlls the pump. I figure this can't be safe. No answer to emails, got a lady who answered a couple of weeks ago who promised a call back on the following Monday. 2 weeks later I called and got a answereing machine during business hours. Left message but no return call. What is it with companys with 3 letters for their name who don't supply customer service for their product. All I wanted to know is what was the best way for me to fix it. Will just have to tear it apart on my own and hope I don't get in over my head.

I had a similar leak in the middle of the season last year, I disconnected power and removed the cover and tightened a gland nut, problem solved. I'm several hours away from dealers, so I have to repair on the fly sometimes.

The glan nut. Is that the big nut right behind the electric box. Tighted it a 1/4 to 1/2 turn. Have to wait till I run it to see if it corrects the problem.

Is this MES or CDL or both?
    Blaisdell's Maple Farm
    started on a 2x2 pan in 2000 and now
    custom built oil fired 4x12 arch by me
    Thor pans Desinged by Thad Blaisdell
    4600 taps

Pretty sure they are referring to cdl. Never heard anything bad about MES.
    Remember to keep on ticking while the sap is dripping.
    2016- 50 buckets. Made 4 gallons.
    2022- 3900? taps + Smartrek! Made 1300 gallons.

Doubt its cdl we have in house techs, plus service guys in pa and ohio.
    Fred Ahrens
    330-206-1606
    Richards Ohio Maple Equipment
    Ohio CDL sales rep
    LaPierre Dealer
    H&M maple fabricator Dealer
    Service Tech/repair for all brands and electronics

don't take life too serious, nobody gets out alive anyways!

I didn’t realize CDL had screw style pumps
    vacuum
    RO
    filter press
    auto draw
    New leader oil fired

http://s712.photobucket.com/albums/ww123/jtrap/

Default Being screwed by a screw pump

Let me clarify, Last year I put my faith and wallet behind CDL. They are top notch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast