+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leaking Vertical Releaser?

Default Leaking Vertical Releaser?

Does anyone know what is used to glue in the bottom of a Lapierre vertical releaser? I have tried to seal the bottom with many layers of PVC cement, epoxy and nothing seems to work. I think the only option I may have left is to bash out the bottom and start over. It leaks around the whole bottom and boils ridiculously.
    2.5X10 HE
    600 RO
    Vac

Have you contacted Lapierre USA to see what they recommend? I had a leak at the pipe that connects the secondary chamber to the main chamber on my horizontal releaser and epoxy worked to fix that. The bottom is a different situation and they probably have a fix for that. They have been very helpful when I've needed parts and information for my RO.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

I second contacting them, I think they'll put in a beefer bottom and it'll never fail again.
    3,100 taps
    60 cfm flood
    HC2
    5 by 14 oil

Brian

On 2 of mine I used a 1/8” bit in a “dremel” and made a groove around the joint. Basically cleaned out old glue. Then I cleaned it with pvc pipe cleaner and filled with heavy duty clear pvc pipe cement. Second one I did I used a 99¢ turkey infused syringe from Walmart to put in glue. Cut the needle off behind the side holes. Worked very well.
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

Quote Originally Posted by wiam View Post
    On 2 of mine I used a 1/8” bit in a “dremel” and made a groove around the joint. Basically cleaned out old glue. Then I cleaned it with pvc pipe cleaner and filled with heavy duty clear pvc pipe cement. Second one I did I used a 99¢ turkey infused syringe from Walmart to put in glue. Cut the needle off behind the side holes. Worked very well.
    Thanks, I gave this a shot this afternoon and it looks good so far. The turkey injector was a great idea!
    2.5X10 HE
    600 RO
    Vac

I've got the exact same problem as this. Thanks guys!
    Andy's Own Maple
    Andy Kinter (4th + generation maple producer)
    Approx 790 taps on vacuum

3x10 nat. gas fired raised flue small bros.
    600 gph Lapierre RO
    Fine collection of used bulk tanks
    Kubota MX5100 sap hauler
    2 hives (that I don't spend enough time on)
    A great family that works together to make syrup!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Andys...27718203945398
    http://photobucket.com/mapleack

i was told that Leader recommends "gold can oatey pvc glue", it got me through the year but i wound up sending it out to get factory repaired for $90 after since it started leaking at the end of the season (definetely my fault) and it looks and holds way better now. may not help in the short term but its worth a shot.
    7000 taps on vacuum, just trying to get a little better every year.

I did exactly as Wiam described with the turkey injector and it is still working fine.
    2.5X10 HE
    600 RO
    Vac

+ Reply to Thread