+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cordless heat gun

Default Cordless heat gun

Never knew such a thing existed. Watched a review online and it seems to work pretty good. Much more expensive then taking a propane torch into woods to thaw lines though. Just wondering if anyone has used one. Seems it would be more gentle on tubing. Store has a sale on now where if you buy a bare tool you get a free 5amp hr battery.

I probably will get one soon now that Dewalt has one. All my cordless tools are Dewalt and I did not want to switch brands for a heat gun. I have used a trigger operated torch for years and really like it. The Dewalt model says it heats to 990' which is much cooler than a propane torch so I'm curious to see how it would work for mainline work. One feature that I don't see mentioned is temperature setting other than hi and low, it would be nice to be able to set the temperature so you don't over heat the tubing.
    Jared

Couldn't resist the free battery so I bought one. Already used to thaw water line in barn and free up frozen fitting on post hole auger. In the woods on tubing it's ok. Haven't tried it yet for installing ss y's. Did use to soften pieces of tubing we use to anchor mainline. It helped make pieces pliable to fit over mains.

I just ordered one too, bare tool since I have several of the batteries, in 4-5&6 AH. That should be far easier than having to use a corded one.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread