+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sap flow meter

Default sap flow meter

You guys know of any kind of simple flow meter I could buy to put either on my mains at my tanks or on the line going from the tanks to the sugar house to measure daily sap flow. I figured the water co might be able to get me one but I havent connected with them. Has anyone done this already or does any one know where I can find something? Thanks Theron

Just a few post down you will see a post about a water meter. Take a look.

Do a google search for water meter and you will find a boat load of listing for water meters, some are like what the water company would give you others that can be hooked up to your garden hose.

Hope this helps a little.

I got mine at a local water utilities supplier called Martisco, near me in Syracuse. But they shouldn't be hard to find, just ask around. Remember they shouldn't freeze.

Tim
    Tim Whitens
    Willow Creek Farm
    Fulton, NY

3000 on vacuum, 3hp 3ph Busch pump, 2567 Gast
    30X8 Leader oil-fired evap. w/ steamaway
    Airablo 1000 RO
    6 Alpacas

Dennis and sapman- I just checked out the meter and its nice but im not sur itll work for me. Ive got two mains coming to my releaser one is 1" and the other is 1 1/4". I cant put the two together becouse with the slope ill have too many taps on the 1 1/4" line. I was thinking something that will record gals to at least a thousand. I might have 1 to 2 thousand gals a day Im kind of thinking. I dont really want to put it on the line into the house becouse if I dont boil it all I want to keep track of daily runs. The other thing is the lines/ meter will be under vac. What do you guys think? Theron

I have a 320 gallon Lappierre feed tank and I have a 1" in line water meter in it from one of the guys on the trader, Homestead maple I believe but not sure. I have a quick connect above and below it and can reconnect the connects without it if I wanted to. I pump from my 625 gallon milk tank up to the head tank and keep track of what I boil, not neccessarily the days runs. After doing it for a while, you should be able to get a fairly good guess of what is in the tanks each day from the runs by however much you pump out when you boil.

I know, it sounds as clear as mud.
    Brandon

CDL dealer for All of West Virginia & Virginia
    3x10 CDL Deluxe oil fired
    Kubota M7040 4x4 Tractor w/ 1153 Loader hauling sap
    2,400+ taps on 3/16 CDL natural vacuum on 9 properties
    24x56 sugarhouse
    CDL 1,000 2 post RO

+ Reply to Thread