+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What’s going on at Leader?

Hybrid View

Default What’s going on at Leader?

I read in the last issue of Maple News where Brad Gillilan has been replaced as President at Leader,wasn’t there very long,thought it should have gone to his Father,Bruce instead.
    7th generation maple producer in sugarhouse built in 1892
    2x World Champion Maple Syrup Producer
    1250 taps on cv adapters
    Leader Vortex 3x14 with Max Flue and Revolution Syrup Pan,Enhanced Steam Away
    www.leggettmaplesyrup.com

Bruce retired.
    2 1/2 x8 Lapierre Waterloo-Small (oil fired)
    Leader Steamaway
    1200 gph Lapierre RO
    1800 taps
    http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/j...ks/Sugarhouse/

Mike Christian
    505 Main St. Orwell, Vt.

I liked Brad. Wonder why he left and why they're bringing in someone without maple experience?

Randy

Toad Hill Maple Farm

http://ToadHillMaple.com/

3650 Taps on Vacuum for 2010 & still expanding
    56'x64' Timberframe Sugarhouse - New for 2011
    3x10 Leader Vortex w/ Max Flue Pan & SteamAway
    1000 gph Leader Springtech RO
    777 Acres in the Adirondack Mountains

Still no news?

Randy

Toad Hill Maple Farm

http://ToadHillMaple.com/

3650 Taps on Vacuum for 2010 & still expanding
    56'x64' Timberframe Sugarhouse - New for 2011
    3x10 Leader Vortex w/ Max Flue Pan & SteamAway
    1000 gph Leader Springtech RO
    777 Acres in the Adirondack Mountains

I thought it was odd that they didn't have an advertisement in the last Maple News - they have always had a one page advertisement in the past.

Maybe the new one was a bean counter, all numbers and no realization how valuable advertising is to a company's bottom line.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

The head of the board of directors at Leader would not give Brad a long term contract plus she did not like the direction of the company that Brad was trying to take them,unfortunately the board was to old school and said that they never had any sort of contract with the old president.Bruce said it was time to retire and enjoy his wife and grandkids,and yes i am not to sure of the new president when one of his first statement was 'i don't know maple but i know how to make money',now to me that seems he is in it for himself and not the maple industry or the smaller producers,which brad and bruce always made you feel you were important,big or small.

Jeff was hired as a financial fix. the company is on a downhill slope- self inflicted. cant fault him for sticking to numbers and doing what he was hired to do
    Fred Ahrens
    330-206-1606
    Richards Ohio Maple Equipment
    Ohio CDL sales rep
    LaPierre Dealer
    H&M maple fabricator Dealer
    Service Tech/repair for all brands and electronics

don't take life too serious, nobody gets out alive anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by sugarman3 View Post
    The head of the board of directors at Leader would not give Brad a long term contract plus she did not like the direction of the company that Brad was trying to take them,unfortunately the board was to old school and said that they never had any sort of contract with the old president.Bruce said it was time to retire and enjoy his wife and grandkids,and yes i am not to sure of the new president when one of his first statement was 'i don't know maple but i know how to make money',now to me that seems he is in it for himself and not the maple industry or the smaller producers,which brad and bruce always made you feel you were important,big or small.
    Must be why I don’t hear from Leader anymore,no email,no catalogs etc. Not a big enough producer in their opinion. Evaporator purchased years ago so no big purchases planned
    7th generation maple producer in sugarhouse built in 1892
    2x World Champion Maple Syrup Producer
    1250 taps on cv adapters
    Leader Vortex 3x14 with Max Flue and Revolution Syrup Pan,Enhanced Steam Away
    www.leggettmaplesyrup.com

Bruce, i think they re did their lists, i just got a catalog last fall and probably weekly emails. no matter what goes on there, we've got a couple stellar dealers around here, so i enjoy doing business with them for that.
    7000 taps on vacuum, just trying to get a little better every year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast