+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Autumn prep

Default Autumn prep

Hey to all my IL producing friends (and anyone else reading this),

I assume some of you are out getting things done this fall before the weather turns to winter, which may be any day based on the crazy snow and cold we have gotten over the past few weeks. Let me know what you have been up to.

I have pulled a new 3/4 mainline to a new section of woods this past summer and am doing the 3/16 tubing work now. I will have added 3 runs of 3/16 totaling around 50 new taps. I am basically trying to wrap up my outdoor work first and then when it turns cold I will work inside the kitchen and sap shack.

Here's hoping that our Autumn weather holds for a few more weeks.
    Camp Wokanda
    Peoria Park District

2023 - 210 on 3/16 shurflo, sap storage shack w/ 1100 gallon tank - 123 gallons
    2022 - 210 on 3/16 shurflo, homemade vac filter & water jacket canner - 104 gallons
    2021 - 215 on 3/16 shurflo, added 2nd membrane to RO - 78 gallons
    2020 - 210 on 3/16 shurflo, upgraded hp pump on RO - 66 gallons
    2019 - 150 on 3/16 shurflo, Deer Run 125 dolly RO - 73 gallons
    2018 - 120 on 3/16 shurflo, 2x6 raised flue w/hood, homemade arch w/ AUF & AOF - 34.5 gallons

I am so far behind I am just now building a new shack at my place. I have a bunch of maples my father and I planted that can now be tapped I will use 3/16 on them with a sure flow and the ones up at my mom's I will do the same on. So I might not need any buckets this year. but knowing me, at some point I will probably put some out any way. lol I have a lot more trees available to use now than ever.

+ Reply to Thread