+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Auto Draft Inducer

Default Auto Draft Inducer

Will an Inducer work instead of a blower in the fire box? I have one that I would like to mount on the chimney stack. Thanks for the input. Ken

I would be afraid to use a draft inducer on an arch. Be certain it is designed to hold up to the temperatures the stack will have.
    My arch , before air over fire (AOF) used to get to 1500-1600 at times, especially about mid point between fuelings.
    My second concern is simply that I doubt it would improve the air flow enough to be worth it. I think you need a blower furnishing the combustion air and it should be able to be adjusted in intensity.
    Besides, any draft inducer I'm aware of is to improve air flow in a forced air furnace heat duct, where the furnace blower has trouble getting enough heat thru a longer or undersized duct pipe. They typically have fans in the 1/70 -1/40 HP, hardly enough to help the fire burn. Get an appropriately sized squirrel cage blower and add an adjustable damper on the inlet to regulate
    Last edited by maple flats; 11-14-2019 at 03:01 PM.
    Dave Klish about 1320 taps in '15, doing fewer each year, about 450 planned for 2020 (and after?)
    2012 Mahindra 36 HP 4x4/ loader/cab/heat/AC:-)
    added a gooseneck equipment trailer and F350 to tow it to haul more sap
    3x8 raised flue evaporator
    250 GPH converted to electric, RO by Ray Gingerich
    6.32 KW solar system, 1.48KW is battery backed up, all net metered
    http://s1041.photobucket.com/albums/...anssugarhouse/

All the ones I have seen have been for installation in an flue to help pull the exhaust from the combustion chamber and help lift it up the flue. They tend to move air/exhaust in a column. If installed for air under fire, I think it would be blowing all the air to one side, even if installed with some type of ductwork, a majority of the moving air would be bias to one side and not evenly distributed.
    backyard hobbyist
    2014 - roasting pan on 55 gallon barrel -1 gallon syrup 6 taps on buckets
    2015 - added blower to door -3 gallon syrup 10 taps on buckets
    2016 - 3 gallon syrup and 2 lbs. sugar 16 taps on buckets
    2017 - new Mason 2x3 w/AUF shooting for 20 to 30ish taps and more sugar
    2018 - did not boil
    2019 - Added RO, sudo 8x8 sugar shack, 72 taps
    N 42* 18' 31."
    W 79* 34' 15."
    https://www.saptapapps.com/map/31868...-aab748a6394e/

+ Reply to Thread