+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Auto Draft Inducer

Default Auto Draft Inducer

Will an Inducer work instead of a blower in the fire box? I have one that I would like to mount on the chimney stack. Thanks for the input. Ken

I would be afraid to use a draft inducer on an arch. Be certain it is designed to hold up to the temperatures the stack will have.
    My arch , before air over fire (AOF) used to get to 1500-1600 at times, especially about mid point between fuelings.
    My second concern is simply that I doubt it would improve the air flow enough to be worth it. I think you need a blower furnishing the combustion air and it should be able to be adjusted in intensity.
    Besides, any draft inducer I'm aware of is to improve air flow in a forced air furnace heat duct, where the furnace blower has trouble getting enough heat thru a longer or undersized duct pipe. They typically have fans in the 1/70 -1/40 HP, hardly enough to help the fire burn. Get an appropriately sized squirrel cage blower and add an adjustable damper on the inlet to regulate
    Last edited by maple flats; 11-14-2019 at 02:01 PM.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

All the ones I have seen have been for installation in an flue to help pull the exhaust from the combustion chamber and help lift it up the flue. They tend to move air/exhaust in a column. If installed for air under fire, I think it would be blowing all the air to one side, even if installed with some type of ductwork, a majority of the moving air would be bias to one side and not evenly distributed.
    backyard hobbyist
    Mason 2x3 w/AUF
    2020 - added small vacuum and gravity 5/16 tubing and sap sacks
    N 42* 18' 31."
    W 79* 34' 15."
    https://www.saptapapps.com/map/31868...-aab748a6394e/

+ Reply to Thread