+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New (To me) oil tank evaporator. Need opinions

Default New (To me) oil tank evaporator. Need opinions

Had an oil tank evaporator with a 2x5 flat pan and a warming pan given to me for this syrup season. It should leave me plenty of room to grow for sure. I'm planning around 75 taps for this season with a homemade RO. I'm a little undecided where to go with the pan however. I've enjoyed a much smaller continuous flow pan for the past 2 years and I don't want to go back to a batch pan. I have someone willing to add dividers to this current pan, however I'm considering just purchasing a new readily available 2x4 pan and starting fresh.
    Any insight would be appreciated.
    IMG_7230.jpg

Dividers are far better, but they need to be tight at the bottom and sealed. For that lead free solder is fine. If the person who would add the dividers is not familiar with either SS soldering (or better yet, welding light ga SS) I would get a new pan. They should be about 22Ga SS, but for the dividers the ga is not as critical as the bottom of the pan.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread