+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Running 3/16 inside of mainline

Default Running 3/16 inside of mainline

I've got an idea and wonder if anyone else has tried it. I'm putting in main line now to dump my 3/16 line into to take it down a maple less mountain on a high tensile fence I'm dual purposing for maple and cow containment. I would be running my 3/16 from the woods to the mainline about 200' down a nice slope to the mainline witch will give me additional vacuum. I have 4 3/16 lines coming from that woods and I noticed I can stuff then all inside of a 3/4" mainline. I think there would also be room for the tension wire as well so I wouldn't have to lash the line to the wire. It would be running though some apple trees and immature maples and my thought is the main line would protect the 3/16 lines as well as keep them grouped nicely together. Has anyone ever tried this before? I can't see the drawback to doing it but before I try I thought I'd see if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Seems like a nice cozy spot for mice to hang out all winter and chew lines. I would guess it would take longer for lines to thaw also. Just some thoughts.
    CDL 2x8
    Around 4000 taps
    Polaris ATVs, Ski Doo snowmobiles to get around
    Atlas Copco pumps
    Lapierre two post RO

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...Sugar%20shack/

I would run the mainline up the hill the 200 ft and be done.
    Blaisdell's Maple Farm
    started on a 2x2 pan in 2000 and now
    custom built oil fired 4x12 arch by me
    Thor pans Desinged by Thad Blaisdell
    4600 taps

+ Reply to Thread