+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Losing man’s best friend

Sorry for your loss I have traveled the same path far to often. You where both lucky to have found each other. the one thing about a dog is they love you unconditionally. Everyone may be mad at you but the dog still loves you.
    110 taps W.F Mason 2x3 and two turkey friers for finishing

2011 expanding to a Mason 2x4 with a blower increasing taps to about 200
    2011 Hurricane Irene rips thru my small sugar bush cost me to lose 20% of taps
    2014 I have reworked my lines for 2014
    32 taps on 5/16 line with check valves
    57 taps on 3/16 line with check valves
    55 buckets with total tapped trees of 144

Sorry for your loss. I know how you feel we just had to put our 14 year old Border Collie down 4 days ago.

I hope you guys will keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers. I just said goodbye to my 18 year old woods companion Skippy. He was a wonderful calm, loving, and loyal companion.20191022_113327.jpg20191022_113327.jpg
    Remember to keep on ticking while the sap is dripping.
    2016- 50 buckets. Made 4 gallons.
    2022- 3750 taps + Smartrek! Made 1300 gallons.
    2023- 3750 taps after removing a pump house and connected two woods. Made 800 gallons.

Over the years I have lost many dogs, all "best friends" except one. That one was the only one I shed no tears over. However I still have fond memories of most of the others, even ones we had 60+ years ago. I still find a new puppy a good healer for a grieving heart.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I have a lab that I'm going to take some time to train a little better before I take on another pup. He has been very understanding.
    2023- 3750 taps after removing a pump house and connected two woods. Made 800 gallons.

treehugger
    I feel your pain. My first Brit was 19 when we finally had to have her put down, that was my first companion and first hunting dog and I am now 64 and still miss her. I have never had another dog that was so easy to train nor so willing to hunt and retrieve. My dogs now are just our house buddies and when they are gone we probably will not have any more animals. Its just to hard losing them.

Well, I'm 73 and after going about a year without a dog or cat, my wife decided we needed ducks. We incubated a batch of Khaki Campbell ducks. In the first year we pared them down to 3, giving the rest away. We still have them, in our fenced in back yard even though we live in a upscale residential area of town. Then my wife had to get a Hamster, (still have it), goldfish (all but one of 5 committed suicide by jumping out of the water) and then 2 years ago we got a Cocker Spaniel. We would not trade her for anything. She is pretty much a house dog but loves walks on a leash (unless it is raining, she hates rain). We originally thought when we lost our previous dog that we were done, we now have more pets that we ever did in the past, even when we had 4 kids at home.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Dave,
    Glad you got another dog. It is hard to lose them though. I was a veterinarian for 41 years and I found people tend to shrivel up when they don't have a dog to to give them perspective in their lives. So, good for you, enjoy.Doc Beneke

Folks with or now without dogs this is a good listen:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=baxt...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    We have a family dog nearing the end of her days.
    Hope your doing ok Bruce.
    Regards,
    Chris
    Casbohm Maple and Honey
    625 roadside taps + Neighbors bring some sap too!
    3x10 King, WRU, AOF and AUF
    12" SIRO Filter Press.
    2015 Ford F250 PSD sap hauler
    One Golden named Maggie, Norwegian Forest Cat named Lucy
    Too many Cub Cadets
    Ford Jubilee and several Allis WD's, and IH tractors
    1932 Ford AAB ton and a half, dump truck

www.mapleandhoney.com

Thanks for sharing Chris.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast