+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pro and con on stubby adapter

Hybrid View

I've used the stubby and adapter and find that I like the one piece seasonal spout better. There's no chance of the spout and adapter getting pushed apart on a hard freeze and something new goes into the tree every year.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Lampron View Post
    I've used the stubby and adapter and find that I like the one piece seasonal spout better. There's no chance of the spout and adapter getting pushed apart on a hard freeze and something new goes into the tree every year.
    I was thinking of throwing the adapter away that goes into the tree every year and start with a fresh one when I’m ready to tap
    2019:250 gallons
    2020:324 gallons
    2021:?

Quote Originally Posted by calvertbrothers View Post
    I was thinking of throwing the adapter away that goes into the tree every year and start with a fresh one when I’m ready to tap
    That's what I used to do. I prefer the one piece throw away taps. I can see through them which really helps when I'm looking for vacuum leaks and there's one less place for a potential leak.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

+ Reply to Thread