+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Milk tank agitation motor

Default Milk tank agitation motor

Im thinking about making myself a cream machine, have the idea of using a motor off a bulk tank to connect to a brass gear pump instead of getting a motor and having to buy a rpm reduction attachment. has anyone done this? I have noticed that some guys use the bulk tank motor on the turn table style cream machine. Thanks!

I think a bulk tank motor and it's reduction will be too slow. However, I do not know what rpm the gear pump is supposed to be. I do know I once counted the rpm's of an old Sunset tank agitator motor and it was a little over forty. You would have to do the math on it, but you would need a good sized pulley on the motor (drive pulley) to make up the difference in speed on the driven pulley. You would not be able to directly connect/couple them- it would pump very slowly.
    2014 Upgrades!: 24x40 sugarhouse & 30"x10' Lapierre welded pans, wood fired w/ forced draft, homemade hood & preheater
    400 taps- half on gravity 5/16, half on gravity 3/16
    Airablo R.O. machine - in the house basement!
    Ford F-350 4x4 sap gatherer
    An assortment of barrels, cage tanks & bulk tanks- with one operational for cooling/holding concentrate
    And a few puzzled neighbors...

http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...uckethead1920/

+ Reply to Thread