+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: September Journal

I will be praying for you Russ. May the Lord comfort you during this difficult time. I hope your retired years will be a blessing to you and your family.

Spud

From a cancer survivor to you, I'll be praying for you Russ. About retirement, you will like it. When I retired it took very little time to get used to it, but warning, you will never figure out how you ever had enough time to go to work after you retire.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Thoughts and prayers for you Russ. You will have many years of enjoyable retirement

Mike
    CDL 2x8
    Around 4000 taps
    Polaris ATVs, Ski Doo snowmobiles to get around
    Atlas Copco pumps
    Lapierre two post RO

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...Sugar%20shack/

Thank you for the well wishes. I had a PET scan done today and will know the results tomorrow afternoon. I know that I will like retirement. I'll finally have the time to get the things done that I have been putting off for years.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

My thoughts and prayers are with you also Russ. You will definitely enjoy retirement. Sleep in every once in awhile, it feels really good, kinda like playing hooky. How is that new filter press working out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Pdiamond View Post
    My thoughts and prayers are with you also Russ. You will definitely enjoy retirement. Sleep in every once in awhile, it feels really good, kinda like playing hooky. How is that new filter press working out for you?
    Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. I haven't had a chance to try out the new press yet. I've got to pick up some fittings first so that I can hook up the hoses. I have some commercial syrup that I plan to run through it as soon as I get it plumbed.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

Wishing you all the best Russell,praying for a great outcome for you
    7th generation maple producer in sugarhouse built in 1892
    2x World Champion Maple Syrup Producer
    1250 taps on cv adapters
    Leader Vortex 3x14 with Max Flue and Revolution Syrup Pan,Enhanced Steam Away
    www.leggettmaplesyrup.com

UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT

Hoping for the best.
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    https://mapleresearch.org
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

Hey Russ , Best wishes up here From the Chatham Camp, sounds like you caught it pretty Early? Hopefully it's just a bump in the road on your way to retirement in March. Is your new press air powered?
    Nate Hutchins
    Nate & Kate's Maple
    2022 1000 taps?
    3x10 Intensofire
    20x36 sugarhouse
    CDL 600gph RO
    A wife and 2 kids.

Quote Originally Posted by n8hutch View Post
    Hey Russ , Best wishes up here From the Chatham Camp, sounds like you caught it pretty Early? Hopefully it's just a bump in the road on your way to retirement in March. Is your new press air powered?
    We did catch it early. It gives me some time to figure out treatment options. My new press does have an air pump on it. I put one on my old filter press and really liked it. I wouldn't buy one with a gear pump after using the air pump.
    Russ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast