+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maple sugar mixer

Default Maple sugar mixer

I have a guy who is wanting maple sugar for his mini donuts he makes and sells out of his food vendor wagon. Right now I'm trying to find an efficient way of stirring the syrup once it reaches the right temp to turn it into sugar. I've been doing some looking online at the expensive commercial mixers and the sugar making machines that are sold by maple syrup suppliers and I realized a meat mixer for doing deer venison is about the same concept, except the mixer is horizontal vs vertical. Have anyone of you by any chance use something like this to stir the syrup while its turning into sugar?

I had considered this too but was afraid it would cool to quickly and end with a large sugar mass solidified in the worm.
    backyard hobbyist
    Mason 2x3 w/AUF
    2020 - added small vacuum and gravity 5/16 tubing and sap sacks
    N 42* 18' 31."
    W 79* 34' 15."
    https://www.saptapapps.com/map/31868...-aab748a6394e/

meat mixers will not be strong enough. if you dont buy a maple machine, then get a Hobart mixer the gears are made to last
    Fred Ahrens
    330-206-1606
    Richards Ohio Maple Equipment
    Ohio CDL sales rep
    LaPierre Dealer
    H&M maple fabricator Dealer
    Service Tech/repair for all brands and electronics

don't take life too serious, nobody gets out alive anyways!

I did some looking and found a guy close by who has a 60 quart mixer made by Univex that I will be looking at this week, it's a little on the big side but at the price he has it at, it ain't a bad price, hoping to get a better deal on it though.

I use a kitchen aid pro model, it has bronze gears. It works great I do half gallon at a time. It might do a whole gallon I have not tried. They are around $299 on ebay.
    44 27'08/71 27'56
    300 totalish taps 250 on tube and bosworth sap sucker
    50 bucket and bags about 40-50 gallons a season
    on a 2 by 7 home made evaporator and sugar shack
    1st gen circa 1966 still learning stuff

Just be careful. Not all Kitchen Aid Pro mixers are the same. The Pro 6500 has a 1.3 hp motor and is stronger than the Pro 600 with a 375W motor. I have the 600 and I feel comfortable mixing a quart at a time. I've never tried more. Be careful when you follow links for a 6500. Some will advertise the 6500, but when you follow the link, it's to a 600 Series - still a good mixer, but not as powerful as the 6500.

MapleCamp, if you think yours could do a half gallon to a gallon, I'm guessing it's the 6500. If you got that for $299, that's a good price.
    Woodville Maples
    www.woodvillemaples.com
    www.facebook.com/woodvillemaples
    Around 300 taps on tubing, 25+ on buckets if I put them out
    Mix of natural and mechanical vac, S3 Controller from Mountain Maple
    2x6 W.F. Mason with Phaneuf pans
    Deer Run 250 RO
    Ford F350
    6+ hives of bees (if they make it through the winters)
    Keeping the day job until I can start living the dream.

Well I bought a 60 qt univex mixer, I paid $1,800 plus a gallon of syrup, came from the school I went to. https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...67566634093518

Im looking at packaging ideas and was wondering how many ounces by volume container do I need for 16 oz (1 lb) by weight container? or do you just get a certain size container and fill it up and price it accordingly by what the container with sugar in weighs? Hears what Im looking at https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/it...360&catid=1106

+ Reply to Thread