+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vacuum upgrade

Default Vacuum upgrade

Looking for opinions on what is the best vacuum pump for 2100 taps. Have wet/dry line system in woods but current vacuum pump only pulls 25HG. Looking to spend up to $4000 on a pump that will really do a great job for me. What are your thoughts?
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Looking for opinions on what is the best vacuum pump for 2100 taps. Have wet/dry line system in woods but current vacuum pump only pulls 25HG. Looking to spend up to $4000 on a pump that will really do a great job for me. What are your thoughts?
    I'd recommend an Atlas Copco GVS 40A- 31cfm or a 60A- 42cfm from MES, depending on potential increase in tap count. I have a GVS 100 and am very pleased, great service and they're great to deal with.

What Kind of Releaser are you running? Only reason I ask is you might do better total sap production wise, with an Electric Releaser at 25" Vac than you would with a mechanical releaser at 28-29" , your probably/May going to have issues with a mechanical Releaser at that level of vacuum.
    Nate Hutchins
    Nate & Kate's Maple
    2022 1000 taps?
    3x10 Intensofire
    20x36 sugarhouse
    CDL 600gph RO
    A wife and 2 kids.

I have a gilles benard electric belly releaser. My current pump is an atlantic fluids 2 hp that is only 20 cfm
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread