+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ordering a new 2x6 soon...came across this ad...

Quote Originally Posted by Couchsachraga View Post
    Looks too good to be true to me (75gph with no blower, sap raider, etc...?). Not trying to start anything, just get a realistic idea (especially after their statement of "as equipped for...".)
    https://vermont.craigslist.org/grd/d...931564323.html....Thank you for any thoughts, even just confirming that 75gph isn't realistic despite their claims.
    My thoughts are that 75 gph without a pre-heater is a bit of a stretch.
    John Allin

14x18 Hemlock Timber Frame Sugar House 2009
    Leader 2x6 w/Patriot Raised Flue Pan 2009
    Leader Steam Hood 2014 - Clear Filter Press 2015
    Leader Revolution Pan and SS Pre-Heater 2016
    CDL Hobby RO & Air Tech L25 Hi Vac Pump 2019
    06' Gator HPX to collect wood & sap
    14' Ski-Doo Tundra for winter work in the woods
    Great Family 3 grown kids+spouses and 7 grand kids who like the woods
    7th Gen Born in Canada - Raised in Chardon Ohio - Maple Capital of the World..<grin>.

Let us know what you decide to get and what size you end up with. Good luck with your shopping and have fun. Make sure you get what you want don't get pressured into something or settle for an evaporator with less function than you would like. It's your hard earned money, get what you want.

That friend I referred to in reply #2 in this thread, is a Sunrise dealer. He is Mike Weaver, Heritage Maple in Canastota, NY. He is Amish, thus no website, but he does have a business phone. If you get The Maple News, he is listed there. His phone number is 315-697-3904. You will not get an answer there on a Sunday, but he works 6 days a week.
    I sold him one lease that as I got older and cut back on my taps, he bought the lease. When I say he is a "friend", back when I had cancer in Jan-April 2018, he called me every few days to see if I needed help and to wish me well. I had met him 3-4 years earlier, as I was working my lines, getting ready for a season, he drove by on his tractor and firewood wagon, he pulled over, walked across a field and introduced himself. Since then I have bought some parts and supplies from him. He even loaned me his drop maker to help me make 800 drops faster this past Jan, free of charge. Oh, and I drove him, his wife and infant son to Saratoga Springs last fall to go to the maple tour. Great guy! If you call and no answer, leave a message, he does return calls. He also builds sheds, I've bought 3 of them, a 12x16, a 10x14 and a 14x28.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I ended up getting a Sunrise from Mike - thank you for mentioning him maple flats! Wonderful fellow to work with.

I tapped last weekend and am still getting used to the new setup and tweaking things. So far overall it is better than expected and the quality is outstanding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12