+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cannabis infused syrup

Quote Originally Posted by nam elpam View Post
    Im not understanding how we are termed as "dumb" for taking bulk syrup bound for $2 lb bulk market adding something to it and creating another product for our shelfs that we will make considerably more than the original product and even if the fad does die make money while its hot than not make it at all?
    There is nothing “dumb” about that at all. It’s just good business.

And speaking of coffee, look how many iterations Starbucks has come up with...I sure wouldn’t call that group too dumb.
    John Allin

14x18 Hemlock Timber Frame Sugar House 2009
    Leader 2x6 w/Patriot Raised Flue Pan 2009
    Leader Steam Hood 2014 - Clear Filter Press 2015
    Leader Revolution Pan and SS Pre-Heater 2016
    CDL Hobby RO & Air Tech L25 Hi Vac Pump 2019
    06' Gator HPX to collect wood & sap
    14' Ski-Doo Tundra for winter work in the woods
    Great Family 3 grown kids+spouses and 7 grand kids who like the woods
    7th Gen Born in Canada - Raised in Chardon Ohio - Maple Capital of the World..<grin>.

yeah I know its great business because in an area saturated with producers and product infusing syrup opens up so many more possibilities of products and when you set up at a show a full table draws attention so im glad some don't want to do it more market for those who do! yet you still get people who feel the need to criticize us for ruining good syrup if it was ruined people would buy it love it and come back for more?

oh and yes I would say Starbucks would be a great example of great marketing and business though I could be the one that could say they ruined good coffee because I like good old cheap local gas station black coffee that sometimes you wonder how long its been sitting on the warmer? but I don't because their creativity has built quite an empire that Im relatively sure my gas station will never reach selling black coffee

UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT

Quote Originally Posted by nam elpam View Post
    ...though I could be the one that could say they ruined good coffee...
    You are not the only one who thinks that. I like coffee, but can't drink Starbucks.
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    https://mapleresearch.org
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

Quote Originally Posted by DrTimPerkins View Post
    You are not the only one who thinks that. I like coffee, but can't drink Starbucks.
    Not inferring that I like Starbucks coffee, but they are genius with what they've achieved with a simple cup of java.
    Give me a plain Maxwell House coffee and I'm a happy Canadian...no french vanilla, just real cream please.
    John Allin

14x18 Hemlock Timber Frame Sugar House 2009
    Leader 2x6 w/Patriot Raised Flue Pan 2009
    Leader Steam Hood 2014 - Clear Filter Press 2015
    Leader Revolution Pan and SS Pre-Heater 2016
    CDL Hobby RO & Air Tech L25 Hi Vac Pump 2019
    06' Gator HPX to collect wood & sap
    14' Ski-Doo Tundra for winter work in the woods
    Great Family 3 grown kids+spouses and 7 grand kids who like the woods
    7th Gen Born in Canada - Raised in Chardon Ohio - Maple Capital of the World..<grin>.

UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT

Quote Originally Posted by johnallin View Post
    Not inferring that I like Starbucks coffee, but they are genius with what they've achieved with a simple cup of java.
    No question about that...getting people to line up to pay $5 for a $1 cup of coffee is pretty amazing.
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    https://mapleresearch.org
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

Seems as we have gotten off topic. Anyone with experience infusing CBD in their syrup? Anyway to get “our” syrup into new consumers is far from “stupid” as others have said. However when it’s only your hobby instead of your livelihood it may seem foolish. The CBD market is one of the fastest growing markets out there, I’ll gladly take my slice of the pie.
    9500 on high vac for 2020

Im with you what happened to PURE MAPLE syrup! Seems like in the future this country will be a bunch of pot heads

After we've added CBD to everything, what will we blame our aches and pains on? I mean, isn't maple syrup special enough? Next folks will want to add CBD to condoms!!

In my opinion, infusing syrup is just one more source of revenue. Doesn't have to mean that you quit bottling pure maple syrup also, just that you've recognized a demand for product and you've taken steps to meet that demand. We're still selling more pure syrup than we do infused products, at least for now. And even if that changes, we will always bottle some amount of "pure" also.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast