+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jet pump

Default Jet pump

Has anyone used a jet pump with a pressure switch to feed their high pressure pump in their ro? The jet pumps I'm finding in 220 volt all have a factory installed 30/50 switch. The switch easily be omitted but I wonder if the pump woukd fail if run continuous at higher pressures?

The pressure switch can be swapped out for a different switch or you can adjust the pressure switch. Your jet pump won’t be running the same pressure as your RO. If it’s feeding the RO at say 60-70 psi that’s perfect. The 2 screws in the pressure switch are adjustable and the high pressure screw has the most adjustment in it. So if you can get it to say 70 your good.
    I’m sure just replacing the pressure switch with a low pressure switch is easier. Square D has them.
    600 taps on vacuum
    Lapierre mechanical Releaser
    CDL electric releaser
    2.5 x 10 CDL Venturi ( new for the 2024 season )
    Home made modulating auto draw off
    Homemade RO 2 x 4" membranes
    CDL 16 x 16 bottler
    Wesfab 7" filter press
    Delaval 73 vacuum pumps

12 hives of bees

We use one and have had no issues. The factory switch was removed and it is wired into a low pressure shut off that shuts the entire unit down when the pressure drops.
    12 x 16 shack with 8 x 16 addition
    2 x 6 D&G raised flue with hood
    Homebuilt releasers
    220 taps on vac
    100 plus taps on buckets
    Gast 1550 on gas engine
    HF vac pump on generator

I just use a 1HP SS sprinkler pump to feed my RO, it runs at 75 PSI +/-2. It runs continuous. I often thought a jet pump on a pressure switch would keep rapid cycling which is not good for a pump. If you go the jet pump route, I suggest you just use a low pressure to let it shut off as the sap runs out.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I agree with everyone. My plan is to eliminate the pressure switch on the jet pump and use low and high pressure shutoffs to shut down the whole ro. There's sure alot of little things that go into building a mid size ro.

+ Reply to Thread