+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to get fire brick at lowest price

Default Where to get fire brick at lowest price

I’m in the process now of hunting down fire bricks for my new to me mini pro. I’m in central VT and would like to purchase from a distributor and not some place like Lowe’s or tractor supply. I go to NH a bit too so if you know of a place in NH or VT I would appreciate the help.

When I bricked my arch about 12-14 years ago, I found the lowest price was at a local masonry/concrete place. They had pallets full of full and half bricks at far less than TSC.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

When I bricked my arch this year I looked all over. I ended up getting my bricks from a local leader dealer. Leader seems to be the cheapest on both full and half bricks.

Currently search for NH or VT masonry outfit. There is one near Littleton NH. Hope this place works out. Thanks for the feedback.

Gilbert Block should have fire Bricks. If your close to Littleton, they really are not that hard to find, lots of places sell them its just not something that you think of alot.
    Nate Hutchins
    Nate & Kate's Maple
    2022 1000 taps?
    3x10 Intensofire
    20x36 sugarhouse
    CDL 600gph RO
    A wife and 2 kids.

While I got the best price for firebricks at a masonry store, the refractory was cheaper from Leader, but only when gotten from a dealer, who got it in on a reguloar order, no special orders.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Thanks everyone for the info. I gave Gilbert Block a call. The a bit more expensive then Bascom and have yet to contact a leader dealer. Think I have the fire brick purchase figured out now to get the directions to brick up the arch.

One thing to keep in mind is travel. Saving a dollar per block in Montpelier vs Littleton is a fair amount of gas. I always look at it like that as well. Or maybe save it for when we’re headed in that direction if it’s not crucial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mead Maple "It's for the kids..."
    Paul Cerminara
    2019 - First season ever
    -Goal: 3 gallons
    -Season Total: 7.5 gallons - pulled taps after running out of firewood and time
    Built 2'x8' Oil Fired with Thor drop flue pans
    -Goal: 20 gallons
    -Season Total: 55 gallons

In Southern NH, Hudson Quarry has the best deal around for full and splits.......603-882-5700
    2017 - 3 taps hanging buckets.
    2018 - 32 taps on 5 gal. buckets.
    2019 - New Mason 2x4 XL. 80 taps
    2020 - Barn / Sugarhouse finished. 125 taps. NextGen 1x40 RO
    2021 - 157 taps, 100 on 3/16 tubing w/two Shurflo set-ups, the rest on buckets
    2022 - 225 taps. 175 on 3/16 tubing, rest on buckets.
    2023 - 300 taps. 261 on tubing, 39 on 5 gal. buckets. Four Shurflo 12V set-ups.
    2024 - 340 taps. New SL 2x4 hybrid pan. Added second 1x40 membrane to RO

+ Reply to Thread