+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SCAM Alert on Maple Trader Classifieds

Default SCAM Alert on Maple Trader Classifieds

Hello,

Just wanted to leave this information here. I have some equipment listed on the maple trader classifieds. A particular individual has been trying to "buy" my equipment.
    This is how his scam works: Basically he agrees to buy your equipment, sends you a fake cashier's check (with shipping included) and then wants you to send the shipping he included immediately to his "partner shippers." He actually sent me a check that looks legitimate. It has a real bank's logo on it with watermarks. I called the bank and they said the cashier's check number isn't in their system and that it is a fake.

He wanted me to send $1,600 to this fake shipping company, assuring me his cashier's check would deposit no problem. The funny thing is he never asked me what the weight of the equipment was, where it was coming from, etc. This equipment would actually cost about $300-$400 to send via LTL Freight but he instead blindly thought he would send $1,600 and I would just send the $1,600 of my own money right now to his fake shipper. Here is is info (although I'm sure it is all fake)

name: Michael Finalyson
    email: fibincs@cyberservices.com (anything from cyberservices.com appears to be scammers)
    phone: 586-701-2971
    his "business" name: Shell Finance PLC

happy that you exposed him
    2x6 RAISED FLUE PANS
    by WF MASON
    650 taps on vac.
    100 on bags

That's a pretty common scam on CL as well. The added insult and injury is that if you cash a fake cashier or bank check, the bank will hit you with penalties as well.
    Woodville Maples
    www.woodvillemaples.com
    www.facebook.com/woodvillemaples
    Around 300 taps on tubing, 25+ on buckets if I put them out
    Mix of natural and mechanical vac, S3 Controller from Mountain Maple
    2x6 W.F. Mason with Phaneuf pans
    Deer Run 250 RO
    Ford F350
    6+ hives of bees (if they make it through the winters)
    Keeping the day job until I can start living the dream.

It's called check kiting if anyone wants to read up on the details of the scam.
    -Ryan

Went off the deep end. Might be in over my head...

+ Reply to Thread