+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 275 gallon totes.

Quote Originally Posted by UB29 View Post
    Mead,
    Do you remember where you got the reducing fitting at the tank outlet? I just bought a couple of Mauser totes with what looks like some kind of spin tight threads on the valve outlet. Definitely not IPS or NPT threads.
    Thanks, Bill
    Bill,
    I’m sorry I never replied to this. I ended up getting a garden hose size bulk head fitting at my hardware store. So what happened at that point is using a step drill to the appropriate size. I kept the actual cap on the tank and put the fitting in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mead Maple "It's for the kids..."
    Paul Cerminara
    2019 - First season ever
    -Goal: 3 gallons
    -Season Total: 7.5 gallons - pulled taps after running out of firewood and time
    Built 2'x8' Oil Fired with Thor drop flue pans
    -Goal: 20 gallons
    -Season Total: 55 gallons

Quote Originally Posted by Goggleeye View Post
    Most of mine had safflower lecithin which has virtually no odor and they cleaned very well. A good squirt of Dawn and a couple cups of bleach pressure washed and rinsed make them near spotless.
    THANK YOU! I am looking at getting a tote this week that previously had lecithin. I was wondering how easy it would be to clean. Did you need hot water?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMo View Post
    THANK YOU! I am looking at getting a tote this week that previously had lecithin. I was wondering how easy it would be to clean. Did you need hot water?
    No, no hot water needed. Mine came out spotless and odorless with just the Dawn and bleach and generous rinsing to get all the soap residue out. By the way, it was sunflower lecithin, not safflower. Same plant family, no significant difference.
    Now I have an outdoor hobby for all 12 months. Like I need anything more to do
    About 1000 taps on gravity tubing, MicRO2 RO, 2.5 X 8 Leader King, and a 1953 Willys Jeep to run around the maple woods with.
    http://www.gihringfamilyfarm.com/

I have a free 275 gallon tank for the taking... A coon decided to spin the lid off and crawl into an empty ro water tank. The best we can figure it was in there for 2 weeks until we put a board in for it to crawl out on.
    2x6 Smokey Lake raised flue w/AUF
    16x30 Sugar Shack
    7" SL SS filter press
    Smokey Lake water jacketed finish pan & bottler
    350 RO
    517 taps and I seem to keep finding more!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234