+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New arch shopping

Quote Originally Posted by Barkley View Post
    Anyone trying out the CDl Venturi evaporator or familiar with any system that has a blower feeding into the stack to create the draft? Wondering about the pros and cons of this arch design.
    If I were in the market, I'd definitely consider the Venturi. It supposedly gives a more even boil and good boil rates, I'd like to see one in operation.

Back in 2010 I got a new set of pans from Thor for my 3x8. They quoted me the exact total cost in US dollars. I picked it up at the factory. Their work was excellent. Then crossing the border you have a duty to pay at the border crossing and need an agent to process it. If you have it delivered that will all be factored in.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

The venturi evaporator looks like a good option for smaller producers that cant don't need a larger size arch offering, in talking to the sales rep he said the only thing to note is that it wont be capable of gasification like the intensofire. But in most cases people don't operate their arches to gasify. One benefit I see is that draft should remain constant on the evaporator.
    Jeff

470 taps
    Torr Vac TV40D High Vac with Lapierre Horizontal releaser
    Leader 2x6 Patriot raised flue
    Leader 2x4 Steamaway
    Wildfire arch
    MES Dolly 300 3 post RO
    DG 7" 5 bank filter press
    and still lookin to get bigger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12