+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How far can an electric releaser pump?

Default How far can an electric releaser pump?

Looking for some experience since I have heard both sides about using an electric releaser pump to pump long distances. My current set up has sap going to a mechanical releaser and tank about 200 feet from sugarhouse and about 30 feet lower in elevation. If I ran electric and put in a electrical releaser, could the pump in the releaser pump all the way up to a tank inside the sugarhouse? Or am I stuck with a float in tank and a offset deep well pump?

Thanks
    Mike
    CDL 2x8
    Around 4000 taps
    Polaris ATVs, Ski Doo snowmobiles to get around
    Atlas Copco pumps
    Lapierre two post RO

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...Sugar%20shack/

Yes totally possible to do this with an electric releaser. The question is are you looking to diy or purchase from a supplier?

A deep-well submersible would probably de ideal. I would go with a 3-phase pump so you can control it with a vfd as that would help reduce the size of wire you'll need and will be easier on the pump as it wont be slamming on and off. Other considerations are sizing the pump out line and check valve placement. you don't want that line to freeze obviously.

if you are looking to purchase talk to Clayton at mes.
    About 750 taps on High Vac.
    2.5 x 8 Intens-O-Fire
    Airtech 3 hp LR Pump
    Springtech Elite 500 RO
    14 x 24 Timber Frame SugarHouse
    16 x 22 Sap Shed w/ 1500 gal. + 700 gal. tanks
    www.littlehogbackfarm.com

Absolutely possible, I currently have an electric releaser in a pump house and pump it aboit 600 feet with an elevation cjange of aboit 35 feet. I feel that i could probably pump another 2-300 feet with no issues. Plus they are continous vacuum so that helps with a tighter system, have about 650 taps on it now and plan to double over next few years. Hope that helps and good luck

For several years I used an electric releaser with external Goulds pump that pumped uphill about 150 feet or so. It was a rise of about 25 feet I think.
    1000 taps on vac down to 100+ buckets 99% sugars
    2x5 SL Hi-Output Raised Flue Corsair evaporator
    SL Short bank press with CDL diaphragm pump
    Leader Micro 1 RO for 2024
    Constantly changing
    2010:36 gal 2011:126 gal 2012:81 gal 2013:248 gal 2014: 329.5 gal 2015:305 gal 2016:316 gal 2017:258 gal 2018:147 gal 2019:91 gal 2020:30 gal 2021:30 gal 2023:50 gal Total since 2010: 2047.5 gal
    Tapping the same trees my great, great and great grandfathers tapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Maplewalnut View Post
    Looking for some experience since I have heard both sides about using an electric releaser pump to pump long distances. My current set up has sap going to a mechanical releaser and tank about 200 feet from sugarhouse and about 30 feet lower in elevation. If I ran electric and put in a electrical releaser, could the pump in the releaser pump all the way up to a tank inside the sugarhouse? Or am I stuck with a float in tank and a offset deep well pump?

Thanks
    Mike
    I pump 800 feet with at least 60 feet of head( and then some downhill from there)
    on a 110 volt 1 hp deep well pump running in the releaser with 27 or more inches of vacuum.
    Last edited by ALSMAPLE; 04-20-2019 at 04:31 PM.

If you want to build I found this site useful. It has all the pump curves for deep well pumps and helps you size depending on what you need.

https://www.aquascience.net/products...ell-components
    2.5X10 HE
    600 RO
    Vac

I currently have a MES releaser with 1300 taps coming into it at 27-28” vacuum. Pump is a 1/2hp 10gpm 3 phase and we are pumping it 2800’ with a 60’ elevation rise. Works wonderful and wouldn’t go any other way.

I have one and pump 600 ft and up and over a road. My problem is the sap freezing in the line. What are you guys doing about that. I cant figure out a solution.

I had the same problem with pumping 600' and about 75' in elevation. i ended up having to drain the line back when i knew it was going to freeze hard. halfway through the year i ended up just putting a tank down there and pumping all up at once when i needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by hogisland42 View Post
    I have one and pump 600 ft and up and over a road. My problem is the sap freezing in the line. What are you guys doing about that. I cant figure out a solution.
    I figured I would need to drain it if hard freeze was forecasted. Almost be insurance to run two lines so one would be clear at any given time for an unexpected freeze.
    CDL 2x8
    Around 4000 taps
    Polaris ATVs, Ski Doo snowmobiles to get around
    Atlas Copco pumps
    Lapierre two post RO

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...Sugar%20shack/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast