+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Custom filtering

Default Custom filtering

I had a guy approach me this morning asking about if I could run his 20 gallons of syrup through my filter press. What kind of rate per gallon dose one charge for heating the syrup up and filtering the syrup?

If it was me it would depend on who it was. If I knew them chances are I would do it for free to show them what good filtered syrup looks like. If a stranger stopped maybe a $1 a gallon. Just a thought.

The guy I've never met before, heard of his last name though. He said he tried this gravity filters with poor luck and he didn't want to do the settling in a bucket method. He has about 20 gallons that he wants done. I kind of figured a dollar a gallon is about the going rate. Just wanted to see what others have seen. Thanks for the response!

Quote Originally Posted by tonka View Post
    The guy I've never met before, heard of his last name though. He said he tried this gravity filters with poor luck and he didn't want to do the settling in a bucket method. He has about 20 gallons that he wants done. I kind of figured a dollar a gallon is about the going rate. Just wanted to see what others have seen. Thanks for the response!
    Will $1 cover you time and fuel and de?
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

Fuel, time, DE and filter paper? If it wasn't a good friend or someone I was hoping to make a good friend I'd charge $30-40. If it was someone who offered to help do some chore, I'd likely do it for nothing.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I got played $20 for 17 gallons, more then enough to pay for materials plus some to cover time. I guess the way I see it is just a chance to help someone out. I've been in the position before where others have helped me for little or no charge, good karma, you could say I did my good deed for that day.

+ Reply to Thread