+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KFC Maple Syrup ad

Default KFC Maple Syrup ad

Recently on a local radio station Kentucky fried chicken advertised serving “maple syrup“ I contacted the FCC, KFC, and an executive member of the maple syrup North American Council. It seems no one is concerned about this misleading advertising. Has anyone else heard this ad? On Kentucky fried chickens television ad they feature a life-size bottle of Mrs. butters worth. But on the radio ad this condiment is only described as “maple syrup“.

I'll bet a law suit will come of that!
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I herd it yesterday and thought to myself I'll bet it's not pure maple syrup.
    Some lawyers will say theres half of 1% maple syrup in it so it's not misleading.
    25 years sugaring
    2018 191taps. Made 80 gallons
    Two taps to a 5 gallon bucket roadside trees.
    A retired dad to hump buckets and do most of the boiling the great wife that let's me spend lots of time and money.
    New Smokey lake 2×6 raised flue SSR on my own version of the silverplate arch.
    2019 new hood and new preheater concept that worked great.
    306 taps roadside trees

Sick the Vermont Attorney General on them. Back in 2011 they won a case against McDonalds for the Fruit and "Maple" Granola they were peddling....it was using extract. Needless to say, VT won and customers could request that McDonalds add real maple syrup to comply.
    Season Totals
    • 2019 - 24 Taps / 11.5 Gal. Syrup
    • 2018 - 24 Taps / 20 Gal. Syrup
    • 2017 - 18 Taps + 7 Taps added Mid-Season / 15 Gal. Syrup
    • 2016 - 18 Taps added Mid-Season / 5.25 Gal. Syrup
    Current Equipment
    • Off-grid solar/battery powered home-built RO and "Sugar House"
    • Homebuilt 34x17 Propane Evaporator

Quote Originally Posted by Msboucha View Post
    Sick the Vermont Attorney General on them. Back in 2011 they won a case against McDonalds for the Fruit and "Maple" Granola they were peddling....it was using extract. Needless to say, VT won and customers could request that McDonalds add real maple syrup to comply.
    Never even knew my tax dollars were making the world such a better place hahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mead Maple "It's for the kids..."
    Paul Cerminara
    2019 - First season ever
    -Goal: 3 gallons
    -Season Total: 7.5 gallons - pulled taps after running out of firewood and time
    Built 2'x8' Oil Fired with Thor drop flue pans
    -Goal: 20 gallons
    -Season Total: 55 gallons

+ Reply to Thread