+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Difference between cleaning vinegar and white vinegar

Default Difference between cleaning vinegar and white vinegar

Maple weekend taking place here this Saturday and Sunday,then pulling the plug. Was walking by a display at Home Hardware other day and saw jugs of cleaning vinegar,didn’t look closely to see price or strength.Last year just used white vinegar along with distillate from the steam away,then pressure washed everything away. Would cleaning vinegar work better/ quicker,or is it worth the presumed higher cost?
    7th generation maple producer in sugarhouse built in 1892
    2x World Champion Maple Syrup Producer
    1250 taps on cv adapters
    Leader Vortex 3x14 with Max Flue and Revolution Syrup Pan,Enhanced Steam Away
    www.leggettmaplesyrup.com

I used to use regular vinegar and have switched to the cleaning type. i believe (however not certain) that it is basically the same, but just more concentrated! it certainly cleans quicker/better! if you use it, make sure you don't get any in a cut or in your eyes! learned that the hard way once!
    Awfully thankful for an understanding wife!

“The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.”
    - Vincent “Vince” Lombardi

Good luck to all!

I only saw cleaning vinegar once, it was 10% acid white vinegar, regular white vinegar here is 5%.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Be careful when getting the cleaning vinegar. Some of the brands local to me have fragrance or other ingredients added. A lot of it is still 5%, but "low odor" or with fragrance added.

i use the heinz brand from Walmart. it is 6% strength. it is only vinegar diluted with distilled water.
    Awfully thankful for an understanding wife!

“The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.”
    - Vincent “Vince” Lombardi

Good luck to all!

+ Reply to Thread