+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I think I can see the end from here

Default I think I can see the end from here

The forecast looks like I may collect the last sap of the season Saturday Morning. There will be a freeze tomorrow and Friday mornings, then no freeze until next Wednesday (30 F) maybe. That will likely be the end. The temperatures will be in the 60's 2 of those days leading up to Wednesday's 30 F forecast. I would guess it's time for the fat lady to sing.
    Besides, I need to put up my wife's greenhouse next week too. Then pull taps and clean lines and pack another barrel for bourbon barrel aging, this time a 15 gal one. I keep working up in size but somehow I doubt I will get up to the 53 gal barrels that seem to be easier to find.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I'm in a similar boat. Freeze tonight, and that's it until the middle of next week. My wife would probably be really happy if I quit trying to collect sap and put up her greenhouse too!
    -Ryan

Went off the deep end. Might be in over my head...

Signs are appearing here too. Daffodils are poking through the ground,hyacinths also now,killdeers are back,and my Uncle saw a garter snake yesterday,which is usually a sign that the end is very near. Already above last years total,may have to get more containers again
    7th generation maple producer in sugarhouse built in 1892
    2x World Champion Maple Syrup Producer
    1250 taps on cv adapters
    Leader Vortex 3x14 with Max Flue and Revolution Syrup Pan,Enhanced Steam Away
    www.leggettmaplesyrup.com

+ Reply to Thread