+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pulling taps in Hudson

Default Pulling taps in Hudson

Pulling buckets today in Hudson. I think the Sugars have more to give, but the Reds are close to budding. Things picking up at work so a good time to call it. With a clean up tonight I will top 5 gallons. Had a blast and made some nice stuff. Already planning for next year! Have a great off season. Thanks to all for all the advice. Time to get some much needed sleep!

19x48 mini pro oil fired, Nano R/O, CDL Vacuum Press,Mountain Maple Vacuum setup
    6x12 sugar house off back of shed
    2024-103 Taps Mostly Sugars, Dozen Reds
    "The days are long, but the years are short"

I pulled mine in Merrimack on Saturday, sap in one of my collection tanks was really cloudy and goopy, thats the best word I can use for it. My other 2 were still great and nice and clean but after a great early week they were barely trickling. Been a great season for me, so no complaints.
    2022 4x40" RO, Welch 1397 Vac Pump, 3 Guzzler Pumps, Lapierre Releaser, 1100 taps
    2021 Twin Baby Boys, Close to 650 taps
    2020 Upgraded RO to 2 post and 7GBS Pump. 265 taps
    2019 Smoky Lake 2x6 raised flue, Autodraw system, Maple Jet Filter Press, a beautiful new bride to be my sugaring partner :-)
    2017 Expanded Sugar Shack, new 2x6 with float box, NEXTgen Maple RO, 250+ taps, still on sap sacks
    2016 Sugar Shack, 2x6 evaporator, 160 taps, all on Sap Sacks
    2014 110 taps
    2013 35 taps

Cheers to a successful season, hope the same for next season. Where abouts in hudson are you? I grew up there.
    6th season solo sugar maker in a young sugar bush of mostly red maples
    320 taps
    2x6 self built arch, Flat pans w/ dividers
    New 12x16 sugar house
    CDL hobby 250 RO

Sorry for the delay. Right next to the old Bensons animal park. Suburban sugaring at its finest.😄

19x48 mini pro oil fired, Nano R/O, CDL Vacuum Press,Mountain Maple Vacuum setup
    6x12 sugar house off back of shed
    2024-103 Taps Mostly Sugars, Dozen Reds
    "The days are long, but the years are short"

Quote Originally Posted by LMP Maple View Post
    Pulling buckets today in Hudson. I think the Sugars have more to give, but the Reds are close to budding. Things picking up at work so a good time to call it. With a clean up tonight I will top 5 gallons. Had a blast and made some nice stuff. Already planning for next year! Have a great off season. Thanks to all for all the advice. Time to get some much needed sleep!
    So your near the Mass border? I suspect that me being one mile from Canada I should get two more weeks.

Spud

+ Reply to Thread