+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pulling taps in Hudson

Default Pulling taps in Hudson

Pulling buckets today in Hudson. I think the Sugars have more to give, but the Reds are close to budding. Things picking up at work so a good time to call it. With a clean up tonight I will top 5 gallons. Had a blast and made some nice stuff. Already planning for next year! Have a great off season. Thanks to all for all the advice. Time to get some much needed sleep!
    19x48 mini pro oil
    6x12 sugar house off back of shed
    Shooting for 50 taps in 2019
    Two kids one patient wife

I pulled mine in Merrimack on Saturday, sap in one of my collection tanks was really cloudy and goopy, thats the best word I can use for it. My other 2 were still great and nice and clean but after a great early week they were barely trickling. Been a great season for me, so no complaints.
    2019 New Smoky Lake 2x6 raised flue, Simplicity Autodraw system, The Maple Guys Maple Jet Filter Press, a beautiful new bride to be my sugaring partner :-)
    2018 Deployed to the Middle East, no surgaring for me :-(
    2017 Expanded Sugar Shack, new 2x6 with float box, NEXTgen Maple RO, 250+ taps (I hope for 300), still on sap sacks
    2016 New Sugar Shack, 2x6 evaporator, 160 taps, all on Sap Sacks
    2015 Deployed to the Middle East
    2014 110 tap all tubed buckets.
    2013 35 taps, all buckets

Cheers to a successful season, hope the same for next season. Where abouts in hudson are you? I grew up there.
    5th season solo sugar maker in a young sugar bush of mostly red maples
    50 taps 2014
    125 taps 2015 7 gal
    185 taps 2016 10 gal
    250 taps 2017 14 gal
    280 taps 2018 30 gal
    2x6 self built arch, Flat pans w/ dividers
    New 12x16 sugar house

Sorry for the delay. Right next to the old Bensons animal park. Suburban sugaring at its finest.😄
    19x48 mini pro oil
    6x12 sugar house off back of shed
    Shooting for 50 taps in 2019
    Two kids one patient wife

Quote Originally Posted by LMP Maple View Post
    Pulling buckets today in Hudson. I think the Sugars have more to give, but the Reds are close to budding. Things picking up at work so a good time to call it. With a clean up tonight I will top 5 gallons. Had a blast and made some nice stuff. Already planning for next year! Have a great off season. Thanks to all for all the advice. Time to get some much needed sleep!
    So your near the Mass border? I suspect that me being one mile from Canada I should get two more weeks.

Spud

+ Reply to Thread