+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RO Flush

Default RO Flush

Home built 4x40 RO

When flushing with permeate do you flush under pressure or just run it through ?? Thanks
    Yep, I'd TAP That !!!

325 Buckets
    2x6 Drop Flue Set
    Home Built Arch ~ The Battleship
    16'x26' Sugar Shanty ~ New 2016
    Bombardier SW48 with 300 gallon tank

I believe you run under no pressure. The idea is to maximize flow along the membrane surface to "scrub" it of any residual sugars, minerals, and bacteria.
    60ish taps on buckets
    D&G Sportsman 18x63
    Turbo RB15 RO Bucket

That is correct. You want to run with no pressure.
    See videos below :
    https://youtu.be/MP1NNt3b2Oo
    And
    https://youtu.be/m_RBNFkq80U

https://www.sugartree.run/2019/03/en...-cleaning.html
    D. Roseum
    www.roseummaple.com
    ~100 taps on 3/16 custom temp controlled vacuum; shurflo vacuum #2; custom nat gas evap with auto-drawoff and tank level gas shut-off controller; homemade RO #1; homemade RO #2; SL SS filter press
    2021: 27.1 gallons
    2022: 35 gallons

Many thanks!!!!!
    Yep, I'd TAP That !!!

325 Buckets
    2x6 Drop Flue Set
    Home Built Arch ~ The Battleship
    16'x26' Sugar Shanty ~ New 2016
    Bombardier SW48 with 300 gallon tank

Actually there should be some pressure. What you want is for the permeate flow to match the concentrate flow. You balance them by slowly adjusting the restriction and watch both flow meters. If you have no flow meters, just try to get them as equal as you can by just looking at the flow out of the lines. The pressure will change as the membranes get cleaner and it will not be very high. It's really the flow that matters and that is achieved by opening or closing the restrictor valve. When you first start the valve will need to be closed more than after a minute or 2, just adjust as needed. You want the concentrate flow and the permeate flow the same GPM regardless if that is 1 gpm or 100 gpm
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread