+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can you go from cold barrel to water jacketed bottler without filtering again?

Default Can you go from cold barrel to water jacketed bottler without filtering again?

I'm hoping I could just bottle right from a barrel in the comfort of my partially finished basement. I would in theory heat very slowing with an electric element water jacketed bottler to 180-185 degrees. Would it need to be re-filtered if heated slowly? I don't need crystal clear for glass, but would like high quality for plastic containers.

thanks for any advice
    2019 50 aluminum buckets, selling sap. First year 19.7 gallons of syrup
    2020 130 on 3/16 tubing and 30 on aluminum buckets

You won't get any niter formation reheating it that way, it just takes a long time to get the syrup to proper canning temp

Some people do it that way. For me, any syrup I package no matter what container it comes out of gets filtered before going into my canning unit.

The only time I reheat in my wjb without filtering is when I am recanning out of glass and can see for sure the syrup is crystal clear( I store quite a bit in 1 gallon glass jugs). I otherwise reheat and filter everything.

+ Reply to Thread