+ Reply to Thread

Thread: arch insulation

Default arch insulation

Can I use Thermafiber Ultrabatt in my evaporator for insulation or what can I use? Cheers.

I'm cheep and spent countless hours looking for the cheapest stuff when I built my arch and found the ceramic blanket at smokey lake maple to be the cheapest. I just ordered more and did a second arch last week it's a real nice product.
    25 years sugaring
    2018 191taps. Made 80 gallons
    Two taps to a 5 gallon bucket roadside trees.
    A retired dad to hump buckets and do most of the boiling the great wife that let's me spend lots of time and money.
    New Smokey lake 2×6 raised flue SSR on my own version of the silverplate arch.
    2019 new hood and new preheater concept that worked great.
    306 taps roadside trees

I am currently using mineral wool from a big box store. Temperature rated for 2100 degrees. And it works great easy to cut with an old fillet knife. And a heck of a lot cheap that anything else I found. And could get a hold of easily. Great thing is if gets a little torn up I can just replace it easily as well. I currently have it lining the sides of the top of my firebox and it work great.

Thank you I was wondering about the mineral wool. That is what I will use. Easy to buy at the hardware store.

i used mineral wool as well worked great

+ Reply to Thread