+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leader micro 1

Default Leader micro 1

I have ran my leader micro 1 for 2 seasons now,this will be the 3rd.I bought it new.My question is does anyone use this unit and actually concentrate to 8% in one pass.I Recirculate back into my concentrate tank and typically go to 8%.I run right at the maximum 200 psi and when I start with 2% sap I'm only getting maybe 4-5% out of my concentrate line.I questioned leader rep on this and he was adamant that it will be 8% if I start with 2%.He said if it wont then he would like to see the membrane.It has been like this from day 1 and I've been meticulous with membrane care.Im considering replacing my membrane,thinking possibly that would improve my concentration %?I've tested and I'm not passing any measurable sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by Adkandy View Post
    I have ran my leader micro 1 for 2 seasons now,this will be the 3rd.I bought it new.My question is does anyone use this unit and actually concentrate to 8% in one pass.I Recirculate back into my concentrate tank and typically go to 8%.I run right at the maximum 200 psi and when I start with 2% sap I'm only getting maybe 4-5% out of my concentrate line.I questioned leader rep on this and he was adamant that it will be 8% if I start with 2%.He said if it wont then he would like to see the membrane.It has been like this from day 1 and I've been meticulous with membrane care.Im considering replacing my membrane,thinking possibly that would improve my concentration %?I've tested and I'm not passing any measurable sugar.
    I highly doubt that with 1 membrane and 200 psi that you could ever go from 2 to 8 in one pass, I've never heard of anyone else doing that, maybe if you had 3% sap you could get there, generally I have to run my rig up around 375 psi to get to 8%.

My sap is normally 2 to 2.2 %.
    Nate Hutchins
    Nate & Kate's Maple
    2022 1000 taps?
    3x10 Intensofire
    20x36 sugarhouse
    CDL 600gph RO
    A wife and 2 kids.

That's kind of what I was thinking.The leader rep was really pushing that this was true.Thats why I was wondering if anyone else running this unit could confirm that mine is running normally. I'm happy with the machine regardless,saves me alot of time and wood,just wanted to make sure it's running properly. Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread