Thread: Willow Creek Sugarhouse 2019

Threaded View

wow those are good temps for this time of year. not getting those here.

Only had 250 gallons of sap last by last night so squeezed it and and boiled for a little bit. made another 4 gallons. puts me right about 65 gallons for the season. pretty bad. the syrup that I made the other night flavor got better as it sat. Its not bad.

Just not enough cold nights to keep the sap flowing strong. tonight is the last cold night in the 20's and below freezing in the next 7-8 day forecast. So this will be the last hurrah. we'll keep the pumps on til the last drop comes in. actually got a 2 day 25 gallons of sap form the buckets too couldn't believe it. Sugar had dropped to 1% on vac even the bucket sugar has dropped to 1.5%. Trees are getting very red here. go a mile in any direction from my house and the reds are popped.

funny though the grade had come up and has tested at 43 to 47 since maple weekend. mine seems to always for lighter at the end of the year has the last few years. especially when you would think it would go dark with higher bacteria in sap. go figure.

Wow it was windy last night... hope there isn;t much damage in the woods. when it was windy vac gauge was reading 26" lowest of the season and is at 26.75 now. lower than usual. could be branches could be just more air with trees moving so much? I don;t know.
    Last edited by red maples; 04-04-2019 at 04:50 PM.
    may your sap be at 3%
    Brad

www.willowcreeksugarhouse.com
    585 or so on Vacuum, about 35 on buckets/sap sacs
    Atlas Copco GVS 25A Rotary Vane vacuum pump
    MES horizontal electric releaser
    2x6 ss phaneuf Drop flue, Leader woodsaver blower, homemade hood
    300gph H2O RO
    husquvarna 562 XP
    Its Here!!! 2024 season is here get busy!!!